Author Topic: Tempo Lock Problem - Doesn't Seem to Work  (Read 6811 times)

Skeezix

Tempo Lock Problem - Doesn't Seem to Work
« on: February 26, 2019, 02:31:45 PM »
I'm having a problem with Tempo Lock:

A few years ago I had saved a lot of styles and transferred them to a floppy. Each style has its own tempo settings. Now when I play the styles directly from the floppy, they all play at the same tempo.

Using MusicFinderView I verified that the tempo settings in the styles are different. I then checked the Tempo Lock setting on the P2K and it is set to OFF. The styles should play at the tempo I used to create them. Where could the problem be?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Tempo Lock Problem - Doesn't Seem to Work
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 02:55:49 PM »
I'm having a problem with Tempo Lock:

A few years ago I had saved a lot of styles and transferred them to a floppy. Each style has its own tempo settings. Now when I play the styles directly from the floppy, they all play at the same tempo.

Using MusicFinderView I verified that the tempo settings in the styles are different. I then checked the Tempo Lock setting on the P2K and it is set to OFF. The styles should play at the tempo I used to create them. Where could the problem be?

Musicfinderview does not show the tempo of the style, it shows the tempo of the music finder entry, which, as you’ve found out can be different.

You need MixMaster, or some other midi software, to see the tempo of the style.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 02:58:48 PM »
This is a bit of a mystery! And the styles on the keyboard are changing tempo? Is it just on the floppy?
Then I would try to copy the styles over to a new floppy just to see what happens.
If the styles on the keyboard itself are behaving strangely, you might try a soft reset by pressing the rightmost white key whaile powering up. Files will not be lost but some settings might be put back to as they were fro the start.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Skeezix

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 07:47:56 PM »
It was all a bit confusing to me.

After meticulously writing down each step when I changed styles, I found that the tempos in the styles DID change; however, a lot of them were pretty close to each other. Since I stopped playing the P2K over seven years ago and only very recently picked it back up again, I wasn't recognizing the change.