Author Topic: MP3 CDG storage issue Need Help  (Read 1995 times)

Offline franksboard

MP3 CDG storage issue Need Help
« on: February 24, 2019, 11:43:20 PM »
I have a flash drive with folders A-Z with MP3 with lyrics.works as should with lyrics on screen.when i copy a folder say A to built in storage i only get the MP3 and no lyrics on screen.what am i doing wrong as it works from flash drive .i have firmware version 1.30 and using Yamaha recommended flash drives and sometimes when playing a song from flash drive locks up and have to restart keyboard.i would have a hard time using this board out if continues if i wanted the karaoke part as sometimes the seniors want to sing.i want to free up the flash drive to use only for my registrations and voices etc. and i thought putting the karaoke on the built in storage would resolve the crashing on the flash drive issue.i was wondering if i can put mp3 cdg on the playlist and how to copy from flash drive
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 02:55:43 PM by franksboard »

Offline zionip

Re: MP3 CDG storage issue Need Help
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 04:53:22 PM »
Hi Frank,

You cannot just copy the *.mp3 files from the flash drive to the internal storage of Genos.  You also have to copy the *.cdg files to the same location in order to show the lyrics.  You will have to connect your Genos to your PC / Mac through USB storage mode to do the copying from your PC / Mac in order to get the *.cdg files covered.

Please make sure when you play the CDG MP3 files on Genos, disconnect your external monitor first, if any, to avoid crashing Genos because it is a known bug that Genos crashes with external display connected while playing CDG MP3 files.

I also have PNY 256-GB USB 3.0 flash drive, but I did not have the same problems as yours.  I think you might have got a bad one.  If you still have time to return or exchange, please do so.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JN1TOHM/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am currently using Sandisk 256GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive, due to its small size I just permanently leave it plugged in the front USB slot:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07857Y17V/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 04:54:35 PM by zionip »

The following users thanked this post: franksboard