Author Topic: Easy access to my own best sounds and Left Voice Hold on/off  (Read 3669 times)

Murat

Easy access to my own best sounds and Left Voice Hold on/off
« on: February 18, 2019, 04:51:13 PM »
Please can you help me?   :)

Firstly, I would like to use the Registrations for saving my best sounds only; for example;

Registration 1:  one set of One Touch Settings saved;
Registration 2: another set of One Touch Settings saved;
And so on… but when I change a Registration, I don’t want anything else to change ie. All styles, transpose and everything else to remain what is currently selected.
How do I achieve this?

Secondly, when I change a One Touch Setting; for example, from no:1 to no:2, I would like the Left Hold to remain whatever is selected regardless of what’s saved in One Touch.
For example, if I am playing a song and somewhere in the middle of the song I decide to turn on the Left & Hold ON, I want this to remain ON even if I go to another One Touch Setting button.

Basically, I am trying to simplify things for my own liking. What I trying to achieve is that each Registration will have a One Touch setting saved into it. And 10 registrations will mean 10no One Touch Settings. (I am aware you can have many registrations.). Obviously, each One Touch Setting will have 3no Right sounds saved into it.

How can I get all this done?

Thank you in advance.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Easy access to my own best sounds and Left Voice Hold on/off
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 10:01:58 PM »
Please can you help me?   :)

Firstly, I would like to use the Registrations for saving my best sounds only; for example;

Registration 1:  one set of One Touch Settings saved;
Registration 2: another set of One Touch Settings saved;
And so on… but when I change a Registration, I don’t want anything else to change ie. All styles, transpose and everything else to remain what is currently selected.
How do I achieve this?

Secondly, when I change a One Touch Setting; for example, from no:1 to no:2, I would like the Left Hold to remain whatever is selected regardless of what’s saved in One Touch.
For example, if I am playing a song and somewhere in the middle of the song I decide to turn on the Left & Hold ON, I want this to remain ON even if I go to another One Touch Setting button.

Basically, I am trying to simplify things for my own liking. What I trying to achieve is that each Registration will have a One Touch setting saved into it. And 10 registrations will mean 10no One Touch Settings. (I am aware you can have many registrations.). Obviously, each One Touch Setting will have 3no Right sounds saved into it.

How can I get all this done?

Thank you in advance.

For Firstly, simply check only the Voice group. All other groups must be unchecked.

Can’t help you with Secondly.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Geria

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 04:30:55 PM »
This is what I do on my PSR S950 which you should be able to do on your KB:

I've set up a bank of my favorite voices by selecting the VOICE box only to memorize. When I pick a style and want to use these voices I turn off the OTS and pick one of the memorized voices. I can then leave the same left hand ABC or D buttons and keep switching voices at random or keep the same voice for all 4 variations. Hope this helps.

Gerry

Murat

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 04:41:27 PM »
Thank you Fred, thank you Gerry.

Any thoughts on how I can keep the LEFT & HOLD ON or OFF regardless of the One Touch Setting button selected, I want this to remain ON (or OFF) even if I go to another One Touch Setting button?

Murat

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 07:04:36 PM »
Thank you all for the responses, I did get further help on this on other topics as well.

Here is what I have done, for those who might do the same or already doing it:

My registrations store my favourite sounds only; all tweaked to my liking of course. Changing a registration will only change the sound.

This way I have 10no sounds for instant access and more registrations not too difficult to get to. (Playlists could be saved as Sound Page 1, Sound Page 2 and so on).

Also, each style will have its own 4no OTSs and Multi Pad Controls.

So, all I have to do is, get the options in ‘FREEZE’ right and it is all incredibly easy. 

For example, I just load a style, start playing, enjoy the 4no OTS come with it, and change the sounds instantly by pressing a registration button, and back and fourths…  I really like this.

chikitin

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 12:34:33 AM »
Is there a way to register a OTS? I do this:

1.Created a new registration bank. I named the by the acronym of the sounds, say VPGM ( violin, piano, guitar, mandoline)
2. press OST 1:
       a) I choose the voices for Right 1, Right 2
       b) Hold memory and Press OTS 1 > Check voice only
       c) Ask to save OST change, Press F to save
       d) Press exit twice to get to the main page.
       e) Select the Registration bank if not selected.
       f)  Press the Save button to save the bank file

There should be an easier way to achieve this! Anyone knows how?

chikitin

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 12:35:39 AM »
Thank you all for the responses, I did get further help on this on other topics as well.

Here is what I have done, for those who might do the same or already doing it:

For example, I just load a style, start playing, enjoy the 4no OTS come with it, and change the sounds instantly by pressing a registration button, and back and fourths…  I really like this.

Hi Murat, thank you for the post. What do you mean by 4no, 10no, please?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 04:25:33 AM »
Is there a way to register a OTS? I do this:

1.Created a new registration bank. I named the by the acronym of the sounds, say VPGM ( violin, piano, guitar, mandoline)
2. press OST 1:
       a) I choose the voices for Right 1, Right 2
       b) Hold memory and Press OTS 1 > Check voice only
       c) Ask to save OST change, Press F to save
       d) Press exit twice to get to the main page.
       e) Select the Registration bank if not selected.
       f)  Press the Save button to save the bank file

There should be an easier way to achieve this! Anyone knows how?

If you want one registration button per song, then you've got the best method.

If you're willing to use more than one registration button per song, then dump the OTS save, and just save everything in registration buttons.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 04:28:13 AM »
Hi Murat, thank you for the post. What do you mean by 4no, 10no, please?

"no" = "number".

There are 4 OTS buttons, and there are 10 registration buttons.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ