Author Topic: Price of 3rd party styles?  (Read 5951 times)

Bachus

Price of 3rd party styles?
« on: February 09, 2019, 05:03:10 PM »

Now i don’t mind paying for things, if they are good?

https://www.keyboard-akademie.de/shop/software/styles/entertainer-stylepack-seventies/

But asking €50 for a pack of 5 styles, looks like excesive..

As an example, Genos comes with over 700 styles for €3500,
Thats about €5 / styles.. and then you get all the voices and hardware for free..

Just asking who would pay €10 for a style?
Who would pay €4 or €5 for a style?

Offline John T4

Re: Price of 3rd party styles?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 05:19:02 PM »
I agree, especially as it seems to be one variation per tune,, a bit cheap skate to me.

john

Bachus

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 06:05:21 PM »
I agree, especially as it seems to be one variation per tune,, a bit cheap skate to me.

john

No, they have 4 varriations...each..

https://youtu.be/hQghX6TQFks

Roland

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 06:21:14 PM »
You cannot make a comparison based on the number of existing styles on a keyboard calculated by the keyboard's price - that makes very little sense :-) Those on-board styles have been added-up over many years - and should give you an idea as to why an arranger has quite a bit of value outside of it's hardware.

But to the style price itself: 50 EUR for 5 styles is about on average. If you compare with Musicsoft, then you will find that Musicsoft is slightly cheaper. Don't forget that if a Style is programmed from scratch - it takes a humongous amount of work to get it right. And the work that goes into it far outweighs the little money the programmers get for it. And no, it does not sell in numbers like iTunes song downloads :-)

So in terms of pricing - there is nothing really special about this one - it's about on-par. What I recommend when shopping for styles is to check their quality. You will notice that there are some pretty significant differences. So if you find a style that you like: Shop around in that genre and compare prior to buying.

Cheers, Roland

Bachus

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 07:25:57 PM »
You cannot make a comparison based on the number of existing styles on a keyboard calculated by the keyboard's price - that makes very little sense :-) Those on-board styles have been added-up over many years - and should give you an idea as to why an arranger has quite a bit of value outside of it's hardware.

But to the style price itself: 50 EUR for 5 styles is about on average. If you compare with Musicsoft, then you will find that Musicsoft is slightly cheaper. Don't forget that if a Style is programmed from scratch - it takes a humongous amount of work to get it right. And the work that goes into it far outweighs the little money the programmers get for it. And no, it does not sell in numbers like iTunes song downloads :-)

So in terms of pricing - there is nothing really special about this one - it's about on-par. What I recommend when shopping for styles is to check their quality. You will notice that there are some pretty significant differences. So if you find a style that you like: Shop around in that genre and compare prior to buying.

Cheers, Roland

10 euro/style an average price?
Not in my book..

Average would be about €7, and thats for single styles, not packs..
Packs becomming cheaper the larger they get..
For 5 styles, i would call anything above 25 or 30 euro right out expensive..

I think these prices are the reason most people refrain from buying styles these days...

But then, i don’t think the style market is the place you want to put your effort of you really want to make money, there is way to many good quallity user created free styles..  and with some effort, you can make some pretty good styles by combining parts from a few different styles... and playing one or two tracks yourself..

Offline AlBags

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 10:41:19 PM »

Keyboard Academy Shop? 😊

These styles are rubbish .. and especially for the high cost.
All these songs sound similar ... and they are from the same Beerfest Party!
Unfortunately, a lot of German, Polish, and other E European pop music sounds like this, and is what they think we like to hear and play! It's not.
No thanks! 🙉🙉
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Roland

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 11:16:51 PM »
Hello Al,

"Beerfest": It is a sound that might not work well in an Irish pub - same as a bag pipe might not wake any "Leder Hosen" in a beer garden in Bayern  ;D. In the end it is a matter of people's taste I think.

If you're looking for really well done styles: I like the ones by Roland Grömling - his attention to details is fantastic and I personally find that his syles are definitely worth the price. You can listen to a bunch of sound samples here: https://soundwonderland.de/pages/en/shop/styles.php

Cheers, Roland

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 11:23:08 PM »
Yamaha Musicsoft styles are around £5 each which is not a bad price to pay.

gerarde

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 11:38:40 PM »
There is also www.d-o-o.de
They have many many song specific styles.
I have bought over 100 from them.
There is a discount for the more that you buy.
And they have Genos specific styles too.

Gerard

Offline elad770

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 12:36:01 AM »
I addressed this before but must comment:

I'm not a cheap guy and willing to pay but these prices are simply not justified. Maybe people assume that those who have Genos don't mind paying so much?

They are wrong. I got more from this forum than these sites. Francesco messa who's a very talented guy uploaded some sounds and styles that are Far better than all this stuff and he did it for free an a way to contribute to the community. If you charge 2$ per style that it's Very detailed and complete i would consider. If you put it in a pack of let say 50 styles I think 30$ Is more than enough. People need to rely on Volume and networking not on exclusivity

Bachus

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 07:49:03 AM »
There is also www.d-o-o.de
They have many many song specific styles.
I have bought over 100 from them.
There is a discount for the more that you buy.
And they have Genos specific styles too.

Gerard

They are €5,50 with a rabat of up to 20%..
Thats a good price.. thats only half of what these styles cost..

Yamaha Musicsoft styles are around £5 each which is not a bad price to pay.

I do agree with you Eileen, thats the sweet point of styles..
And if you buy packs, you also get sounds, multipads, and more
And the average price drops even further..

I don’t mind buying things at a good price..
I think the yamaha prices are indeed acceptable.

But what makes these styles 2 times as expensive as an orriginal Yamaha style file?
And when you make a remark about the high price on a german facebook group.
Saying i consider anything above for €5 for a steal to expensive no matter how good they are..

Then the owners of the brand attack you furiously
Accusing me and anyone else that shares styles for free of piracy?
Even making a remark, that its impossible for an owner of the Genos to make quallity styles themselves
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 07:54:50 AM by Bachus »

Offline marcodg

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 08:08:01 AM »
You are right Bachus.
I agree with you. I have saw a lot of talented syles creator their style cost the half of these price and sound better and more diversifie than these same party pop music. It is the highest price for Yamaha style of the market. You better try to adapt the thousands style of Yamaha with assembly function.
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

Online Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 02:48:24 PM »
Well,
if those stylecreators that claim the highest prices manage to sell, and both customers and sellers is satisfied with the situation, it's fine.
I do tweak, convert and tries to make some usable stuff myself as well, but I'm not professional, and struggle a bit to manage to make it sound at the level most of the bought stuff does.
During the all the years I've bought, and still buy a lot of styles and 'packs'. This way, I also hope it's a contribute to support and keep the serious production and business up and running. But, there is of course a limit regarding acceptable pricelevel to pay for the products.
D-o-o, YamahaSoft, Camaro24, ArtSonstyles and several more has reasonable and friendly prices, and produces really high quality stuff.
Last year, I did ask a 'high price level' company (mentioned in a post above here) for a little discount if I bought *all styles in one deal*, but in opposite to what others offer, they had no interest for any such policy. It's OK, but they lost that sale and most likely any future income from me as well. It's as simple as that.
Lucky for us, we're still free to choose if or what we want to buy, and where to do our businesses... 8)
Cheers 🥂
GJ