Author Topic: Hello from Australia  (Read 5972 times)

johnmun

Hello from Australia
« on: February 09, 2019, 02:48:54 AM »
Hi
New user here. I'm 67 retired and just bought a PSR-S670. I have been learning to play using Playground sessions.
My question is what Styles and MDF files are compatible with the S670 as I don't see my keyboard listed.
I'm sure I will have many more questions as I become more familiar with S670

Tks
John

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Hello from Australia
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 03:04:31 AM »
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I’m sure you'll learn a great deal about your new PSR-S670 keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.  The following is a link to the board for your keyboard:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/board,68.0.html

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains almost 73,000 song titles in over 2,000 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 10:15:16 AM »
Hi John,

Welcome to the Forum.

You will find lots to interest and advise you here.

There is a section under PSR keyboards. Third one down. It deals with PSR 970/770/670

You may find something there. If not don be afraid to ask.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Genos
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.

Offline kaimei19

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 01:07:44 AM »
Hi John,

Welcome from sunny Bonnie Doon (Vic)

PSRTutorials is a great community for those with a keyboard. Taking up this interest in your retirement is very worthwhile and enjoyable - you'll be sure to get any questions you may have answered here.

Cheers,
Phil

Offline elad770

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 02:38:18 AM »
This forum is the best thing that happened to me , After getting the keyboard of course.... Hold on ..... My wife is correcting me: After marrying her and getting the keyboards.

Is it true that you eat Kengeru Steak in Australia?  :-X :-X

Tyros5Mad

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 06:26:25 AM »
Hi John,
Welcome. I am from Australia as well - sunny Queensland.

@elad If you want to eat Kangaroo here you most certainly can. Most supermarkets stock kangaroo meat.

Regards, Richard
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 06:28:01 AM by RichardL »

Offline panos

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 10:35:09 AM »
Welcome to the forum my friend.
For styles, download to the USB stick whatever style you want.
Then hear it on your keyboard to see if it sounds nice or not.
If it sounds really bad just delete it.It won't damage your keyboard.
If a style cannot be played by your keyboard for any reason there will be a message on your keyboard's screen.Delete from the USB stick using your PC.

johnmun

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 03:29:18 AM »
Hi to everyone that responded to my post.
Thanks for all the replies. I am still trying to get my head around all the information here.
I am assuming that if I download styles for the S770 they should work on my S670 and if they don't I just delete them.

Offline panos

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 07:10:04 PM »
If they don't work on your keyboard probably they won't work on a s770 either.
They are styles with some kind of a problem.

It is just that a style that was made to play on an s770 will probably sound better on a s670 than the same style that was made on a tyros 5.
Just download some styles from whatever model and hear the differences of how they sound on your keyboard, good or bad.
When a style sounds weird but we want to keep it, we use the mixing console to change the voices of the style,the balances etc.
Styles are using voices to play the parts.
If your keyboard doesn't have those specific voices your keyboard automatically chooses the closest voices that it can find.
So the style will play, no problem with that
BUT it won't sound good as the original that was made to a different and many times older keyboard with different settings,voices etc.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:11:53 PM by panos »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 09:07:01 PM »
Welcome to the forum John! 😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page