Author Topic: Very weird issue with the Genos...  (Read 5499 times)

Murat

Very weird issue with the Genos...
« on: February 05, 2019, 03:05:02 PM »
Not sure if anyone else had this weird issue with the Genos.  :-\

The other night I was woken up with a sound of a melody being played, it must have been 3am’ish. First, I thought it was my mobile phone ringing but then I quickly realised it was my keyboard downstairs playing itself, the tune from the exorcist, tubular bells. It was quite light in the house, being full moon, so I quickly got up to walk down the stairs. I must admit I was a little scared as the keyboard couldn’t turn itself on and start playing itself. I quietly approached our dining room without turning any lights on, but the volume of the song increased dramatically. I just could not walk into the dining room. Then I thought to myself it was my house and I had to be brave so I decided to walk in to the dining room. As soon as I walked in to the dining room the music stopped! The keyboard was still on! My wife was asleep and when I asked her the following morning if she heard anything, she said she hasn’t heard anything.

I wonder if anyone else had this issue with their Genos? Not sure if this helps but our house was built on an ancient cemetery around a century ago.  :o

The following users thanked this post: wersianer, AlBags

Offline Duurduur

Re: Very weird issue with the Genos...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 03:47:50 PM »
Scary. Call Steven Spielberg!
Yamaha PSR-SX900
Yamaha PSR E463
Logitech Z623 Speakersystem

whataguy

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 03:57:18 PM »
Do-do-do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do - Rod Serlings' Twilight Zone registration me thinks. D. in MI

Offline soryt

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 05:24:51 PM »
Oh dear , Jack the Player spooks around :o

Soneg  :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 05:44:11 PM »
Full moon! The Genos was lunatic! 😀😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 06:27:59 PM »

I think the little engineer inside Genos don't know he's not in China anymore, and it's day and night time diffence in other parts of the world. ;)
To make him understand, just unplug the powerchord.. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 06:50:55 PM »
Hi Murat,

I am sorry if I am a bit slow, but your original post is so ambiguous that I cannot decide whether you are serious (something really spooky happened with your Genos) or whether you have a very particular sense of humour. Please enlighten me.

Regards,

Vinciane.
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

beykock

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 07:21:34 PM »
Miracles might never leave our planet but this story is the first I ever heard. A dream, I guess.😀

Babette

Offline ckobu

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 07:26:59 PM »

Offline panos

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 08:19:27 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e6xxClxoyKk
I am fun of Mike Oldfield's music, Murat!
Do you sell your keyboard?
Also the only book I have read in the English language when I was young, it was.... the Exorcist!! hahaha

Offline jondav

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 08:32:19 PM »
The term "fake news" somehow comes to mind here, he could have waited til halloween.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 09:00:18 PM »
I hear this issue will be fixed in the next firmware update.

(Well it's just as likely as anything anyone else has asked for ...:D )
Genos

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 09:16:58 PM »
I reserve judgment on your story, Murat. On the other hand, if you suddenly find you are able to rotate your head 360 degrees, please let us know :o!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 09:41:53 PM »
Or if the pitch bend wheel begins to spin :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 02:18:53 AM »
Murats on the  :P :P :P :P :P :P  MAGIC MUSHROOMS!!!
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline valder

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 03:20:52 PM »
essa  foi  boa ! kkk
this was good !

whataguy

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 05:33:29 PM »
That goes for me too!

Murat

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 12:53:58 PM »
The other day I found some marks looked like musical scores on our windows; I initially thought perhaps a nearby neighbour likes or doesn’t like my music so started putting marks on our windows but then I realised the marks were inside the windows! I quickly asked me wife if she did the marks, she said she didn’t! We started worrying as it is only me and her living in our house!

Although the keyboard stopped playing itself in the nights, but a strange spooky whistling sound started; always exactly at the same time; at 3:00am! First, I thought it might be the wind but it was clear that the sound was coming from downstairs, from the room where my Genos is located.

I wonder if anyone else had this issue with their Genos? Not sure if this helps but our house was built on an ancient cemetery around a century ago.  :o

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 01:07:57 PM »
Okay Murat...it's time to be honest. Level with us. Are these things really happening or are you already so bored with your Genos that you need another form of entertainment ;D? On a personal note, I believe these things can happen. The down side is, science has never come up with logical explanations, nor have scientists been able to quantify or duplicate occurrences.
If these are all legit occurrences, then it's either time to move or call in a clergy leader of some sort. To answer your original question: my Genos has no little Gremlins, except lists that are not in alphabetical order! Perhaps you can get your Genos to put a curse on the dummy at Yamaha who did this to us ;)?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 02:22:37 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.