Author Topic: Uploading Tunes  (Read 5862 times)

Uploading Tunes
« on: February 05, 2019, 08:43:21 AM »
Hi.   I have a PSR 775 having previously owned a PSR 1500.  Thinking of uploading some pf my tunes to the site. Basic question is - can I just simply post with a mp3 attachment to the performers page or do I have to become an official PSR performer.

The tunes are my own compositions playerd using single finger chords. Warning, just in case - I am primarily a drummer i.e. one who hangs around with real musicians :) :) :)

Regards
Lonely Flower
Lonely Flower
PSR-S775

Offline Toril S

Re: Uploading Tunes
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 09:48:11 AM »
Hello Lonely Flower😀 I also like to make my own tunes. If you like to post in the Songs played by forum members board, you have to upload your song to a file sharing service and provide a link to your song. Most of us use Box.net. You can also apply to Joe Waters to get your own performers page. You then add songs to that page by emailing an mp3 to Joe, and he puts it up for you. I look forward to hearing your compositions!!!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 11:19:02 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 03:59:03 PM »
Hi Toril

Many thanks for your reply. I'll have a go and that and hopefully get something posted soon.

Thanks Again

Dave
Lonely Flower
PSR-S775

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 10:42:40 PM »
Hi Dave,

I believe that Toril has answered your questions, but I would like to make one clarification.  You don't actually need to use a file sharing service to upload your songs to the Songs Played by Forum Members board.  You can upload your MP3 file directly to our server in your post, provided it is no larger that a 7 MB file.  We do suggest that you upload your files to a file sharing service, to reduce the load on our server; however, that isn't a requirement.

Here's some additional information you should read if you would like to become a PSR Performer:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,7328.0.html
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Lonely Flower

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 08:16:02 AM »
Many thanks for that Roger.

Need to record some tunes onto my PSR 775 first. Already have some saved as mp3 files which I recorded on my previous PSR1500, but want to update them. So hopefully get some uploaded soon.

Thanks again
Dave
Lonely Flower
PSR-S775