Author Topic: Headphones jack  (Read 15341 times)

Bachus

Re: Headphones jack
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2019, 08:33:36 AM »
Warranty broken by opening up the box?

That depends on the country
Here in Holland void warrnty stickers dont say ****
To get away from a warranty claim, yamaha needs to proof the owner broke it
Opening a box, does not proof you broke something

When you own a product in Holland you are allowed to do with it what you want
And the salesman needs to proof you broke it..

Offline andyg

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2019, 09:28:39 AM »
I must say: Not that i don't appreciate simplicity in design but this looks like a toy i would by from a toy store. 5000$ ????
If I told you how much the costs were for the design and production of the moulds to make the plastic case alone, you'd fall off your chair! And that's before you get into the R&D costs of the electronics, the costs of doing the sampling etc.....

I have a £25K organ at home. Most of it it is on just two main circuit boards!
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline Toril S

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2019, 09:57:20 AM »
I suggest the punishment should be a big bar of chocolate!😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2019, 10:59:22 AM »
Lubricate your headphone jack socket with a cod liver oil capsule and it will go in!!!! :P ::)
Also the usb socket luv's biscuit crumbs!! ;D
Never lubricate your keyboard with a Lager and Lime, coffee or tea.
Well Elad you will have to threaten to stamp on all of his little toys. That will keep him away from your Genos. ;D

All the best
John :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 01:31:24 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EB5AGV

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2019, 01:28:26 PM »
Congratulations finding the hardware bug...

I always cover the Genos (and all my keyboards) when not in use. I guess you don't. That could have saved you from this problem and also would keep the unit cleaner  :D

BTW thanks for sharing the picture!. I work fixing electronic gear and have worked also on some Yamaha synthesizers but had not yet seen the (empty) insides of the Genos. Yes, technology is greatly reducing size of circuits. I wonder about repairability though  ???

Jose
Jose Gavila
Yamaha: U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, SY77, TG77, SY85, A3000, AN1x, EX5, EX5R, EX7, MOTIF RACK XS, MONTAGE 6 (B & WH), MODX6+, GENOS

Plus lots other music toys :-)

Offline elad770

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2019, 02:04:57 PM »
Ok, so what did I see when I open the case?

There were no seal labels that avoid warranty if you open them
Everything is really simple and clean, Most of the casing is Vacant
It seems very easy to clean (Once every 10 years or so :) )
It seems we pay 50$ for the material because ALL the electrical component USB Modules and what have you are super simple
The technology is NOT

In regards to Warranty

Look, I'm the type of guy who loves figuring out and solve things on my own if I can.

In the united states, all the Warranty seals are meaningless! I know in Europe this will be different
I had plenty of cases in the past where I needed to open a casing (Computer or instrument) for example upgrade purposes

The company might have a warranty seal but it has No meaning when it comes to repairing and solving problems
In the US consumers have a lot more power than Europe. The damage that can be done due to an unsatisfied customer is far greater than it's not worth it to argue and point to policies and procedures

I also had cases where products were out of warranty and after insisting the company took care of it. It's the standard over here!

Offline elad770

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2019, 02:10:48 PM »
Warranty broken by opening up the box?

That depends on the country
Here in Holland void warrnty stickers dont say ****
To get away from a warranty claim, yamaha needs to proof the owner broke it
Opening a box, does not proof you broke something

When you own a product in Holland you are allowed to do with it what you want
And the salesman needs to prove you broke it..

I didn't see there's page 2 on this thread! LOL

I can only reinforce what you said here:

When you buy something, It's yours to do whatever you want with it. They write their warranty policy but it doesn't change anything and make any difference
When a component goes bad and it's not your responsibility they will fix it! I experienced this with numerous big companies. Yamaha US is VERY different than Europe and I'm very happy to learn that in your country the consumer is on the upper hand.

Offline elad770

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2019, 02:13:07 PM »
Congratulations finding the hardware bug...

I always cover the Genos (and all my keyboards) when not in use. I guess you don't. That could have saved you from this problem and also would keep the unit cleaner  :D

BTW thanks for sharing the picture!. I work fixing electronic gear and have worked also on some Yamaha synthesizers but had not yet seen the (empty) insides of the Genos. Yes, technology is greatly reducing the size of circuits. I wonder about repairability though  ???

Jose

I always cover the Genos And i never let the kids be around it without my presence. I think there was 1 time, Yes, 1 time that i literally went to the bathroom for 2min
that was enough time for them to excute their plan!  ;)

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2019, 04:30:00 PM »
If the GENOS was to be sent back on a warranty 'repair' for the problem it had, elad would have had to pay for the shipping and insurance to get it to Yamaha (not sure if Yamaha picks up return shipping). I recently looked at shipping a light weight acoustic guitar for a warranty repair and for a very light, large box it would have been about $85(US). I opted to return the guitar to the retailer at their cost. It would have been unfortunate for Yamaha to only find what was in the jack and not a real fault of the keyboard itself. Not even sure Yamaha could decide it was a 'user' caused problem and bill for the repair work, although they likely wouldn't.
While a future warranty issue could be a problem for the disassembly if it was evident, I give elad much credit for trying to resolve this on his own. However I would not recommend those not skilled to do so to undertake something like this :)

Offline elad770

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2019, 01:20:30 AM »
If the GENOS was to be sent back on a warranty 'repair' for the problem it had, elad would have had to pay for the shipping and insurance to get it to Yamaha (not sure if Yamaha picks up return shipping). I recently looked at shipping a light weight acoustic guitar for a warranty repair and for a very light, large box it would have been about $85(US). I opted to return the guitar to the retailer at their cost. It would have been unfortunate for Yamaha to only find what was in the jack and not a real fault of the keyboard itself. Not even sure Yamaha could decide it was a 'user' caused problem and bill for the repair work, although they likely wouldn't.
While a future warranty issue could be a problem for the disassembly if it was evident, I give elad much credit for trying to resolve this on his own. However I would not recommend those not skilled to do so to undertake something like this :)

I just want to comment on that, if i may:

Yamaha just responded to be (I contacted them before i decided to "Dive in" ). They simply told me to take the Keyboard to the nearest service provider with my receipt and they will cover everything. There's a service Center around me, Literally every 10-15miles so that's not the problem. I will say further more that i had instanses where i was asked to ship a product (That is more than 30lbs) and to pay for it. I refuse and they simply send me a shipping label. The service in the US is completely different. Especially when it comes to premium products. Aggravated American Genos customers can make a lot of "Noise" and they wish to avoid that at all costs. Shipping cost is the least of Yamaha concern because they have suc a premium account with UPS that the cost for them to ship is around 10$, i KID YOU NOT. It's simply not worth it. Frankly, i think WORLDWIDE, if a customer is aggravated, especially within the warranty period and has the stamina to insist, Yamaha WILL  pay for everything!

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2019, 03:09:16 PM »
What a load of  Simon & Carbunkle ;D
I put a £5 bet on Swindon Town to beat MK dons and won £99.45 pence. I wus there at the Milton Keynes Stadium Division 2 fooball, English league. Not In Manchester City's class though!! 8) ;D :D
Profit the first rule of aquisition. You have to learn about the cashing out sequence. Cannot get that in Cubase.

Well It is better than talking about putting a cod liver oil capsule in a hole.!! :) ;) ;D :D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 03:28:01 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline marcodg

« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2022, 06:01:26 AM »
Hello everyone
My son had broken the internal Headphones jack adapter and now i just ear one side of the headphones. I already haved this vor 1 year and i have solved it by soldering the HP jack on the genos again. But now it seems to be unrepairable. I search on the internet if i can get this little piece but i couldn't find nowhere. Just on ebay there are one reseller but he just sell Tyros 2 HP jack. Can someone please tell me or know where i can get the good one for my Genos. My genos is no more on garanti.
Thank you for replies.
Kind regards
Marco
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01