Author Topic: Hi! Long-time lurker, first-time poster...  (Read 6079 times)

CindyG

Hi! Long-time lurker, first-time poster...
« on: February 02, 2019, 09:17:20 PM »
Hello, I'm Cindy and I'm a long-time lurker who joined the forum recently. I started playing home organ at around age 10 (I'm 55 now), and then had a couple of Casio and Yamaha portable keyboards. My first really good arranger keyboard was the Yamaha PSR-740, and then I got the Tyros 3, which I still have. Recently, I bought a Yamaha MODX 7 and am learning about synthesizers, but I'm still most comfortable playing arranger keyboards. Thanks for listening!  :)

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Hi! Long-time lurker, first-time poster...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 09:30:19 PM »
Hi Cindy,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I’m sure you'll learn a great deal about your Yamaha instruments here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing them.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains almost 73,000 song titles in over 2,000 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 09:37:41 PM »
Hello Cindy! Good to see anorher woman here! I have a T5 and an S975, and a trusty PSR 2100.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

ekurburski

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 09:47:07 PM »
Hello Cindy.  Time to stop lurking and joining in the conversations.  Do yuou still have the 740 and do you play it at all?  I also have a 740 and am planning on using it as a controller for a two board setup with my 3000.  Looking forward to your input  here on the forum.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 10:26:39 PM »
Lurking IS OVER, no the fun begins! There is so much help to get here, and it's so much fun to share songs and ecxhange opinions. I never had the S 740, but I have the 2100, and has much respect for the older keyboards.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

CindyG

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 10:55:46 PM »
Hello Cindy.  Time to stop lurking and joining in the conversations.  Do yuou still have the 740 and do you play it at all?  I also have a 740 and am planning on using it as a controller for a two board setup with my 3000.  Looking forward to your input  here on the forum.

No, I don't have the 740 anymore. It was a good keyboard, though!

I want to use the Tyros 3 and MODX at home together, and I have an On-Stage KS7365EJ stand. However, if I want the MODX on top, I have to take off the Tyros speakers - they are so tall that they interfere with the second tier. And I think the Tyros would be too deep to put on the upper tier. If anyone has any ideas on how to arrange the two boards, I'd appreciate it!

CindyG

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 10:58:28 PM »
Lurking IS OVER, no the fun begins! There is so much help to get here, and it's so much fun to share songs and ecxhange opinions. I never had the S 740, but I have the 2100, and has much respect for the older keyboards.

I like the older keyboards, too. I also had a Yamaha PSS-680 with the mini keys - that was a nice model! It had the FM synthesizer and drum pads. Sometimes I think I'd like to get that one back!  :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 10:59:43 PM by CindyG »

Offline panos

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 11:24:03 PM »
Wellcome to the forum Cindy  :)
The MODX 7 looks nice with a fine price with all those sounds and effects and that strange knob with the beautiful colours.I think is called Motion Control or something. ;D

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 10:55:28 AM »
Hi Cindy and welcome to the Forum.

You will find it informative and the members are really helpful if you have any queries or wants.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Genos
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.