Author Topic: J-Pop/Vocaloid Styles/Voices?  (Read 2722 times)

chopoland

J-Pop/Vocaloid Styles/Voices?
« on: February 01, 2019, 09:05:48 AM »
Greetings.

Being a yamaha, it seems strange to me that they don't launch a package of styles or voices to be able to interpret this type of music, ex: Hatsune Miku. I know that yamaha released the Voicaoid keyboard, but I would like to interpret it in my tyros 5. Is there any package to third parties?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 09:07:42 AM by chopoland »

Offline pjd

Re: J-Pop/Vocaloid Styles/Voices?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 02:46:35 PM »
Hi --

Welcome to the Forum!

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any Vocaloid/Miku implementations that are native to Genos, Tyros or PSR. Yamaha seems most interested in promoting Vocaloid and the Miku(-like) voices in Japan, not in the rest of the world.

You might want to consider adding the Gakken Pocket Miku module to your Genos. I did quite a few experiments with Procket Miku two years ago:

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/pocket-miku-thanks-david/

Pocket Miku is essentially an XG architecture module with a GM sound set with the Miku voice on MIDI Channel 1.

Hope this helps -- pj

chopoland

Re: J-Pop/Vocaloid Styles/Voices?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 03:19:06 PM »
Thank you pjd

Too bad, the vocaloid is becoming more and more famous in the world and it's strange that a Japanese music company like Yamaha doesn't promote expansions for its workstations. No styles, no voices...  :( Nor have I seen expansions to third parties, but for Turkish, Indian music...

I'm afraid I'll just have to use vocaloid-5 and record the tracks on wav to use them as acapellas or multipads.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 03:21:01 PM by chopoland »