Author Topic: Bought Registrations  (Read 5126 times)

Offline adrianed

Bought Registrations
« on: January 28, 2019, 12:32:42 AM »
Hi Folks,
My normal settings when making registrations is to have the initial touch turned off and set the assign to slider to control the style volume
I have purchased registrations and these turn the initial touch on and alter the assign slider to control the main volume
Is there a quick way to stop the purchased registrations altering my preferred settings or will I have to load them one at a time and rememorise the eight registrations separately in the registration bank myself
Looking forward to your advice 
Adrian

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Bought Registrations
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 02:01:28 AM »
Hi Folks,
My normal settings when making registrations is to have the initial touch turned off and set the assign to slider to control the style volume
I have purchased registrations and these turn the initial touch on and alter the assign slider to control the main volume
Is there a quick way to stop the purchased registrations altering my preferred settings or will I have to load them one at a time and rememorise the eight registrations separately in the registration bank myself
Looking forward to your advice 
Adrian

Your best bet is to use Murray Best's Registration Manager, and change them all in one batch.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: adrianed

Offline adrianed

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 12:20:35 AM »
Thankyou Fred,
Just the advice I hoped I might get
I will download Murray's Reg Manager today
I have heard of it before but I have not looked at to see what It would do,
Thankyou again
All The Best,
Adrian

Offline adrianed

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 04:26:08 AM »
Re Murrays Registration manager,
Using the Reg Manager I have been unable to see how to achieve my required goal as set out in my first post
I could not see how to load a reg file and change the Reg settings to my requirement and save it to reload into the keyboard

Adrian 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 04:27:09 AM by adrianed »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 12:00:34 PM »
Have you tried loading in one of your registrations with your settings and then putting the parameter lock on. This should stop any third party Reg change your settings.

Online DerekA

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 12:53:57 PM »
Sorry a little off topic but ...

... if you have initial touch set to off, then you are losing the velocity sensitivity response of the keyboard. That means you're losing all of the dynamic range of the voices, which is a real shame.

Why do you have initial touch set to off? If you have a very light touch, you can change the overall sensitivity response of the keyboard, or within voice set you can change the response for an individual voice.
Genos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 04:40:23 PM »
Re Murrays Registration manager,
Using the Reg Manager I have been unable to see how to achieve my required goal as set out in my first post
I could not see how to load a reg file and change the Reg settings to my requirement and save it to reload into the keyboard

1. Load the program.
2. Load the reg file (click on the blue "Load Registation Bank" in the top left corner)
3. Click on the registration you want to change (eg, if R1, click on the registration name in the white box next to the # 1.)
4. The Touch setting is in the middle left center.
5. The Assignable Buttons setting is in the bottom right corner
6. Click on Save
7. Click on Save/Convert registration bank.

Cheer,s
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 04:41:00 PM »
Have you tried loading in one of your registrations with your settings and then putting the parameter lock on. This should stop any third party Reg change your settings.

Unfortunately, there is no Parameter Lock for the Assignable buttons.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline murrayb

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 06:39:21 PM »
Hi Fred:

That's good advice for the Touch setting, but on the slider it's quite different.  Tyros slider setting is in a different place in the registration than the Genos sliders.

I haven't included the Tyros type slider duplication, it could be added but I'd need to know which of the 4 characters in that registration section is actually the setting.

Cheers,

Murray
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Offline adrianed

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 12:55:58 AM »
Murray I am surprised that I seem to be the first person using a Tyros keyboard to need to alter or reset the slider in your program considering the many Tyros users over the years.
I don't suppose you will add it to the program now being as the Tyros range as now been superceded but I would think there are still many Tyros users
Thankyou for your help
Adrian

Offline adrianed

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 01:10:59 AM »
Thankyou Fred & Eileen.
There seems to be a little dilemma with regard to the Slider, Murray says it cant be done with his program and It cant be locked with the parameter lock
Starting to look like I might have to do it one at a time.
Thankyou again
Murrays program will come in handy for other changes
Regards,
Adrian

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 04:59:34 AM by adrianed »

Offline adrianed

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 01:16:02 AM »
Thankyou for your reply DerekA,

Yes I have light touch on the keyboard, I have just tried to set it to minimum effect to try to manage with it on

Adrian
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 05:00:03 AM by adrianed »