Author Topic: Hello from Long Island New York  (Read 6218 times)

gmizrahi

Hello from Long Island New York
« on: January 26, 2019, 01:17:37 PM »
I’m 50 and I am so excited to learn music again and use my new Gino’s keyboard. I’ve tried to play the guitar for many years but never got to the point where I considered myself good enough.  I think I went a bit over my head with the purchase of such a complicated keyboardt since I never really owned one and feel now overwhelmed. But I do like challenges and I do love how the instrument sound and all of the different options available. I’m learning how to play the piano in general using two software’s piano marvel and simply piano which I both started a couple of weeks ago.  I was thinking about taking lessons with a teacher but there are so many resources on the Internet and I like to figure things out on myself.
I look forward to participating in this form and meet new people and learn from you guys.

Thanks

Gabi

Offline Toril S

Re: Hello from Long Island New York
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 03:54:44 PM »
Welcome Gabi! Congratulations with your Genos! Take things slowly, step by step. And have fun! Music is about having fun.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline panos

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 07:37:56 PM »
Hi Gabi, wellcome to the forum!  :)
I have tried to learn music on my own at a big age and I think the most important thing for me was to let my fingers learn the Musical Scales.
I believe you are saving time when you are reducing the keys from 12 keys to 7 or 9 keys before you even start to play a melody.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 08:36:18 PM »
Hi Gabi,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I’m sure you'll learn a great deal about your new Genos keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains almost 73,000 song titles in over 2,000 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline elad770

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 12:36:12 AM »
Hi Gabi!

Shalom !

All my family is from Long Island. Are you from Great Neck too? :) LOL

It's very admirable that you start learning music. It's such a great dimension to have in your life. Owning a Genos? More like a whole new Planet to explore. Good Luck

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 01:05:57 AM »
Thank you for becoming a Supporter of this great forum, Gabi.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

gmizrahi

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 04:32:38 AM »
Thanks everyone for the welcome. Elad, I live in Syosset very close to Great Neck. Hopefully we can hang out when you visit. Please call me at 516-993-7962 when you plan to come.

Thanks

Gabi

The following users thanked this post: elad770

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 07:20:10 AM »
Another Shalom from Tsafat,,

Welcome aboard this wonderful forum Gabi,,, Have been around for over 12 years and the help and attention recieved has
been priceless.    Am still learning my way around the Genos,, after being a tyros user and midrange yammies,, have to learn
another OS>
Kind of hard to hang out with you and Elad but hope you both enjoy this forum and please share your music on the
the song board.

all the best
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 11:58:17 AM »
Hi Gabi and welcome to the Forum.

Congratulations on getting a Genos. You will get lots of priceless information and help from all the guys and gals here. Just don’t be afraid to ask.

Enjoy your music making and your new Genos.

I luv NY. Only been for 3 days but what an experience.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Genos
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.

ekurburski

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 09:10:27 PM »
Congrats on your purchase of the Genos.  You are sure to find much info on how to get the most out of the kb from your membership here.