Author Topic: NAMM, anyone?  (Read 2699 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

NAMM, anyone?
« on: January 23, 2019, 07:46:07 PM »
Is anyone planning on attending NAMM show in Anaheim tomorrow through Sunday?
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Re: NAMM, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 12:39:24 PM »
I'm far away, but is NAMM open to the public? I always thought it was for dealers only.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Bachus

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 06:46:02 PM »
I'm far away, but is NAMM open to the public? I always thought it was for dealers only.

Dealers and ‘pro’ musicians and anyone else part of the music buiseness

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 07:10:01 PM »

Hi Lee --

There are complimentary tickets around. Maybe it's the mailing lists that I'm on... The MIDI Manufacturer's Association had one offer. Regular folks can join the MMA -- it's free. Maybe some day I'll actually make the trip.

All the best -- pj

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 08:37:46 PM »
Yeah, if I could swing the combined airplane, hotel, and food and drink costs, plus the time away from home, I'd go! Maybe next year, or perhaps a Summer NAMM-- Nashville's a lot closer to me, so I could probably drive there!

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 12:55:53 PM »
Thanks for the info. Always thought it was for dealers only...and Stevie Wonder ;). I've seen him on videos, attending the show. Wish I was one quarter the player he is!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 12:57:00 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.