Author Topic: An unaccounted for ghost note in R1  (Read 3890 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

An unaccounted for ghost note in R1
« on: January 23, 2019, 07:37:33 PM »
This is an odd one... in R1  with R2  R3  and L1 on
if I play two note chord ( interval )  I do not hear the ghost note, When I add a third note, i hear the note.
It is a lower octave of one of the notes I am actually playing or maybe a unison. 
I tried other registrations, some had this ghost phenomenon and others did not.

Of course I scrutined the eq, tuning, for abnormalities, and in the upper right hand corner there are about 6 buttons that I never pay attention to, I think the first 2 on the left side are always on.. related to touch.
I had hope maybe those buttons could be a cause, but not so.

I am also using my thumb drive as the holder of said registrations... so internal drives are removed from the puzzling situation.

Any ideas about the ghost notes?.. And btw, they are NOT "combination tones or Tartini tones".
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 07:40:47 PM by sugarplumsss »
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: An unaccounted for ghost note in R1
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 08:12:52 PM »
Why not post a registration bank which has this 'problem'.

I will load it into my own Tyros4 and see if I can reproduce it, and if I can, I will investigate what is causing it.

My initial  thoughts are that you have one of the R voices set to 'Octave' harmony type, and the 'Harmony/Echo' button in the group of six that you mentioned is on.  The 'Octave' harmony type does not require a left hand chord to function.

When it happens, check the Harmony/Echo button and if it is on , turn it off.  Does the 'ghost note' disappear?

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline sugarplumsss

Re: An unaccounted for ghost note in R1
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 11:25:20 PM »
Post a registration ??? How? I just the other day used imgur, for first time.
How to post a registration??

But why does it take a three note chord to trigger the Unison ( or oct below ) ? 2 note chord, has no ghosting note!!

Thanks
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.