Author Topic: connection to PA speakers - PSR775  (Read 2385 times)

MehbT

connection to PA speakers - PSR775
« on: January 23, 2019, 01:51:04 AM »
I am having problems connecting my PSR775 to PA system via outpot connection ports. Before, the keyboard internal speakers would shut off when I plugged in the 1/4"  jack in either of the outputs. Now it does not connect to the PA nor do the internal system speakers shut off. Need to fix this - I have a gig on Saturday this week !! Can someone suggest a solution / fix?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 01:33:53 PM by MehbT »

Offline travlin-easy

Re: connection to PA speakers - PSR775
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 03:52:48 PM »
The only way the onboard sound system would shut off is if you plugged into the headphone output. Plugging into the normal output jacks in the back of the keyboard will not turn off the onboard sound system.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline pjd

Re: connection to PA speakers - PSR775
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 06:24:28 PM »
Check the setting of the SPEAKER setting on the UTILITY > CONFIG2 screen (Reference Manual, page 129).

Hope this helps -- pj

Determines whether or not the sound is output from the speaker of this instrument.

HEADPHONE SW: Speaker sounds normally, but is cut off when headphones are connected to the [PHONES] jack.

ON: Speaker sound is always on, even if headphones are connected.

OFF: Speaker sound is off. You can only hear the instrument sound via the headphones or an external device connected to the AUX OUT jacks.