Author Topic: Owned a Tyros 5/76 for over a year... and still loving it!  (Read 20335 times)

Offline Will49

Owned a Tyros 5/76 for over a year... and still loving it!
« on: January 21, 2019, 07:11:15 PM »
Most people do a write-up within days or weeks of having their latest & greatest keyboards. And as this is still the ‘honeymoon’ period for them, during which they are so much in love with their latest pride & joy, such accounts often tend to get a bit OTT, e.g. “100% better than my previous model” etc. The following is an account of my experience with my current keyboard. However, the big difference is that it’s now over 13 months since I acquired it. Please read on....

In December, 2017, after owning all Tyros models from the very first one up to Tyros 4, I finally decided to trade the latter in at Bonners of Eastbourne for a used Tyros 5/76 (now, here’s the important bit) and I'm happy to say that I'm still as thrilled with it now as I was on the day I took it out of its box... yes, that was over a year ago! Up until the time of the exchange, I had neither seen nor heard a Genos live, but Yamaha's hefty price tag on the Genos meant that the amount of money I would have had to put on top of my mint condition T4 was (to me) just too ridiculous to even consider such a move! Meanwhile, however, I have since had the opportunity of seeing and playing a Genos, and am pleased to say that the experience has further convinced me that I have done the right thing! Yes, the Genos is a very nice-sounding instrument but (to my ears) it didn’t strike me as being all that different to my T5/76 to be honest.

Coming from a background of electronic organs, I find myself making a lot of use of the T5’s Organ World. And another feature that obviously wasn't on my T4 is the fascinating Ensemble Voices section. I love experimenting by re-voicing some of the parts and setting up different effects etc... not to mention the myriad of Harmony settings. And in terms of appearance (but again, this is purely my taste): when I entered the music store that had the Genos on display, there was also a used T5/76 right next to it and I immediately felt that the T5/76 (being slightly larger, with its tilt up screen etc.) looked the most impressive of the two... I just couldn't wait to get back home to my very own T5/76!

So to anyone out there who has a previous Tyros model, and thinking of upgrading to a T5/76, then go for it. And those coming from a T4 will find that a lot of their old keyboard is still in the T5/76 (not a bad thing really) but with now a much better effects/DSP system. Spend some time experimenting with the new effects and you will be truly amazed! There are also over 300 new voices, several new styles (incl. Audio)... and much, much more. And of course, you’ll have 76 keys to play with - great if you like using a 3-way split keyboard occasionally.  All in all, if you’re like me, you won't regret it!

Oh, and before I wind all this up, I'd just like to say that I am extremely finicky (to the point of being OCD, so my wife says!) with my keyboards! Therefore, being naturally a little concerned when exchanging my T4 for the (unseen) T5/76, I made it clear to the staff at Bonners that I wanted a mint condition specimen... and that is exactly what I got from them! When it arrived, it was like pulling a brand new T5/76 out of the box, complete with its protective film on the screen. I thoroughly scrutinized it from all angles and could find nothing at all that would tell it apart from a brand new one... and all for less than a third of what I would have had to put on top of my T4 in exchange for a Genos! So a huge thanks to all the people at Bonners!

Will  :)

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline Toril S

Re: Owned a Tyros 5/76 for over a year... and still loving it!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 07:42:49 PM »
Hello Will. I bought a used T5/61 in December, and is still walking in  the air! I am SO happy with it! Mine is also in mint condition.
I have always had PSRs, but had been thinking of getting a Tyros also. I tried the Genos, but, being visually impaired I didn't care much for the touch screen. And, as you say, the Tyros looks much more impressive, it is magnificent in all its silver glory! Yes it is a little on the big side, even with only 61 keys, but i love it! I had to pay half the price of Genos, but it is worth it! My PSR had been on repair, and I just walked into the store one day to ask about it, and there stood the Tyros! I sat down to try it out, and an hour went by without me noticing it. That is when I decided I had to have it, and I went back the next day, afraid that it had been sold. I said to myself: Why, oh why didn't you just grab it yesterday, instead of "having to sleep on it!" But it was there! I am sure that after a year I will still be as happy with it as now! All the best, Toril
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

beykock

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 10:01:06 PM »
Welcome to the club !😀

I am also very happy with my T5/76.
The best arranger keyboard I ever had.
I want to keep it as long as possible.
No need to upgrade.

Babette

Offline sooty8

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 09:57:49 AM »
I purchased my used Tyros 5 the same time as you did Will in December 2017 I remember we were exchanging e-mails about purchasing one. I cannot add any other comments, I agree with you a lovely sound good purchase the dealer gave me a 3 year warranty 
to date no problems yet. A bit heavy to take out for gigging so I use my S975 for that. I think we made a good choice.

Regards

Steve
Tyros 5   S950 S975
Bose L1 compact speaker
HS8 Studio Monitors

I Love My Tyros 5

Offline Milamber

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 12:39:58 PM »
A very "Noob" 74 year old here.  I purchased my T5/76 in December 2018 - and I hope to admire it as much as the previous poster.  It's also in superb condition and I will do whatever is necessary to keep it that way.  :)

Maurice.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 01:25:56 PM »
I got my T5/76 last summer from Rimmers, also in excellent condition.

I'm not knocking the Genos in any way, but when I walked into the shop and tried the Genos and Tyros side by side, the Tyros just felt right. I suppose that compared to S770 they were both quite impressive, but I'll be honest and say this came as a  bit of a surprise because I expected to feel more strongly about Genos. And as you say Will, Tyros was an awful lot cheaper!

Perhaps at some point in the future I will trade up to Genos 2 but for now I am happy where I am.
Genos

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 04:16:43 PM »
I've had my Tyros 5/76 for three years now, I started with the 1 then the 2, skipped 3(not enough improvements), 4, and now the 5. I was going to upgrade to the Genos, but except for a little difference in sound quality and the touch screen, I feel it is not worth it. I'm hoping the next one will have everything the members  have been asking for, and more. Their technology is years ahead, but they put it out in dribs and drabs. So us, that have to be on the cutting edge put their kids through college.  :)

Rick D.

Offline Will49

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 07:57:56 PM »
Hello Will.  I am sure that after a year I will still be as happy with it as now! All the best, Toril
Hi Toril, If you’re like me, you certainly will be! In fact, when I exchanged my T4 for the T5/76, I sort of felt that I’d be holding on to it for about 12 to 18 month, then change up to a used Genos. Having since tried a Genos though, I doubt very much that it's a route that I'll ever want to pursue! I don’t even like the look of Genos compared to my T5/76, so I sometimes dread to think what would I go for if something (serious/unrepairable) happened to it - other than go for another mint condition T5/76, of course. Sadly though, they’re going to get pretty thin on the ground before long!

Regards,
Will

Offline Will49

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 08:01:21 PM »
Welcome to the club !😀
Hi Babette, Thanks for the “welcome to the club”. However, I am not a newbie I’m afraid, as I’ve been a member of the PSR Tutorial Forums for many years, just not having posted anything for well over a year... been far too busy enjoying my T5/76!  ;D ;D Thanks anyway, and glad to see that you are very happy with yours too!

Regards,
Will

Offline Will49

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 08:03:56 PM »
I purchased my used Tyros 5 the same time as you did Will in December 2017 I remember we were exchanging e-mails about purchasing one. I cannot add any other comments, I agree with you a lovely sound good purchase the dealer gave me a 3 year warranty to date no problems yet. A bit heavy to take out for gigging so I use my S975 for that. I think we made a good choice.
Hi Steve, Yes, I remember our communication via e-mails very well. Glad to see that you also are enjoying your Tyros 5. You mention the weight. For me though, as a non-gigging player, it wouldn’t bother me if it was the size and weight of the Blackpool Tower Wurlitzer... as long as I had the room for it! ;) ;D

Regards,
Will

Offline Will49

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 08:06:21 PM »
I'm not knocking the Genos in any way, but when I walked into the shop and tried the Genos and Tyros side by side, the Tyros just felt right.
Hello Derek A, Absolutely... my sentiments exactly!

Regards,
Will

Offline Toril S

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2019, 08:06:36 PM »
There are gig bags with wheels. I have ordered one from my store.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Will49

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2019, 08:10:33 PM »
I'm hoping the next one [Genos] will have everything the members  have been asking for, and more.
Hi Rick D. Hmmm, I wouldn’t hold my breath too much on that to be honest, as I reckon it’ll take Yamaha up to about Genos 3 or even Genos 4 before we see any revolutionary improvements. Of course, I could be wrong though...…  ::)

Regards,
Will

beykock

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2019, 06:56:50 AM »
Hi Will,

Thank you for your reply.

The Tyros family will never be forgotten.

A jewel, a real legend, a golden brand name.😀
Tyros means high reliable quality and high value.👌
A real professional instrument.💐

Babette

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2019, 01:01:27 PM »
Will,

I know I'm dreaming! LOL!

Rick D.

Offline Will49

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 01:19:21 PM »
The Tyros family will never be forgotten.
A jewel, a real legend, a golden brand name.😀
Tyros means high reliable quality and high value.👌
A real professional instrument.💐
Hi Babette, Very well-said... couldn't have worded it better myself! It struck me as being something rather special the very first time I saw Tyros(1), quite by accident, when popping into a music shop in Wolverhampton for a bit of a browse many years ago. For some time prior to that, I had given up monitoring the technological advancements of the organ and keyboard world, so had no idea what it was that I was looking at... other than the fact that its appearence completely set it appart from all the other keyboards I had ever seen or owned! The sales guy came over, explained that it was the latest flagship arranger from Yamaha, then played it. I knew straightaway that I had to have one...  followed by the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and now the 5th! I'm afraid it'll be some time before Yamaha (or any other brand, for that matter) bring out a new keyboard capable of having quite the same impact on me... afraid the Genos didn't come close!

Regards,
Will
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:53:06 PM by Will49 »

beykock

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 04:52:38 PM »
Hi Will,

Owned all Tyros ( 1,2,3,4 & 5/76 ) models too and it is absolutely not my intention to give up my Tyros5/76 ever.

I hope I can keep " my baby " as long as possible, for many, many years to come.

I only use it in my home studio.
It offers me everything I need.
No gigging activities at all.

I have seen the Genos recently. Did not touch it.

There is no doubt in my mind the Genos has a great sound but it will never make me a better player though.😯
I do not like non tiltable touch screens either.

Last but not least ... The Tyros5 has always been " my #1 " !
That feeling will never change, I hope and guess.

There is no reason to shoot my best horse, my lovely Tyros5/76 !!!
No way 😀 !

Best regards, Babette

Offline Will49

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 08:49:17 PM »
Owned all Tyros ( 1,2,3,4 & 5/76 ) models too and it is absolutely not my intention to give up my Tyros5/76 ever. I hope I can keep " my baby " as long as possible, for many, many years to come.
Hello again Babette. That’s just how I feel about my T5/76 as well. And like I said in a reply to Toril above, if something unrepairable happened to it, there is nothing else new on the market at present that I would want as a replacement... so it would have to be another used T5/76. Sad thing is though, they’re getting older and more used by the day, so finding a mint condition one will soon become quite a task!  :(

I do not like non tiltable touch screens either.
Me neither! Ok, I don’t mind touch screens as such, having now become quite accustomed to them on phones and tablets, but the Tyros’ tilt-up screen is one of its physical attributes that gives it that certain element of ‘attention-grabbing’ I think!  8)

Best regards,
Will

beykock

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2019, 10:19:27 PM »
Hi Will,

Even Tyros1,2,...3 and 4 are available for sale.
Most of these " older " Tyros arranger kbs are in a good condition.
Tyros = high quality, remember ?😃

Most of the ( previous ) owners are " home players ".
That means these kbs are still nice instruments.

Babette

Offline Toril S

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2019, 11:03:29 PM »
My T5 was owned by a man who only used it at home. There was no gig bag with it, not even a stand, just the speakers. Not a scratch on it! I am considering getting a back up Tyros, but that will have to wait. However I have an S975 and my 2100, so I will not run out of keyboards with the good, old buttons. I am so in love with both instruments, but it gives a special feeling to sit down at the Tyros, fire it up and there come all those blue buttons on. I love those doo bee doo voices and the tiltable screen, the silver color, yes, everything! I will never part with it! Tyros forever :)
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Will49

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 08:36:07 AM »
Most of the ( previous ) owners are " home players ". That means these kbs are still nice instruments.
Hi Babette, Yes, of course. I sometimes seem to think that I am the only non-gigging home player that is a bit OCD where keyboard care is concerned! ;) ;D ;D

I am considering getting a back up Tyros
Hi Toril, A “back up” Tyros. Well now, that’s a thought......…  ::)

Best regards to you both,
Will

beykock

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 10:02:58 AM »
IMHO most Tyros and Genos arranger keyboard owners are  home players.

Maybe in the near future young musicians will buy the Genos more than the Tyros but their budget might be a problem yet ... I really do not know.

I know the Genos is lighter in weight than the Tyros but the future will tell if the Genos will be more used for gigging than the Tyros.

I have no idea how many Genos keyboards have been sold yet.
A lot, I guess and probably most of these buyers are ex Tyros  customers, a few ex Korg PA - and Ketron Audya players.

Maybe I am wrong but I believe the Ketron brand might have lost some popularity due to strong competition.

Nowadays giggers prefer lighter keyboards for their job like e.g the S950, S970 and S975, I guess.

As far as I am informed " band " keyboard players prefer synths.
Nowadays Yamaha and Korg synths are very popular.

Babette

Offline Will49

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 06:19:50 PM »
Nowadays giggers prefer lighter keyboards for their job...
As far as I am informed " band " keyboard players prefer synths.
Absolutely correct, Babette. And that’s probably one of the reasons why Yamaha dropped the Tyros range in favour of a slightly smaller and lighter arranger, i.e. the Genos. I believe they’ve also included in it a lot more modern stuff (EDM) etc., presumably in a bid to create a cross between an arranger and a synth - a trend that is definitely NOT for me, :( but one that will undoubtedly grow with the arrival of every latest edition of Genos! LONG LIVE THE TYROS! ;D

Best regards,
Will

Offline Toril S

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2019, 07:24:15 PM »
Amen! Long live the Tyros!!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

The following users thanked this post: Lesh

Offline EileenL

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2019, 12:50:53 AM »
The styles on Genos are great and i am sure will cater for most peoples taste. There are only ten DJ styles and like everything you do not have to use them if you don't want to. They are also on the 970.

Offline Will49

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2019, 07:56:22 PM »
The styles on Genos are great and i am sure will cater for most peoples taste.
Hello Eileen, hope you are keeping well. I agree with you on that point, as there is no doubt that Genos satisfies many people's tastes. However, as you can see from the posts in this thread (as well as elsewhere on PSR Tutorial), there are many people, myself included, who feel that Tyros 5 is the best and most impressive-looking arranger that has ever come from Yamaha. In fact, some of us feel that we've come to the end of the road, so to speak - that is, what would we go for as a replacement should the time come that our beloved T5s decide to give up the ghost completely! :o

Kind regards,
Will :)

The following users thanked this post: sooty8

gilsilverbird

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2019, 03:33:29 PM »
When I slave the TYROS 5 to my Logic X all of the instruments will play independently when I turn them off on the channel switch but the drums are silent. They do not play independently when I start the Logic x program. I can trigger the bass & guitar and all of the other instruments but when I mute the other instruments & keep the drum buttons ON they don't play. The Tyros 5 is triggered & if I turn on the bass or other instruments while it is triggered they play except the drums.
Can you please help me out with the solution.
Thank you Gil :)

chopoland

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2019, 06:18:29 PM »
I'm joining the acquisition of a Tyros 5.

The only problem I see from Yamaha is the lousy service of, as they say in video games (DLCs or honest updates) to improve excessively expensive keyboards...

That is to say, since you have spent more than 4000€ on a keyboard and its loudspeakers, that less than adding free voice expansions, styles or multipads or internal system improvements, such as changing the audiostyles, which have been nothing more and nothing less than a failed experiment.

I mean, there are the premium packs, but they are too expensive and not very careful, and you have to buy a very expensive memory too. (Euro Dance rhythms are horrible).

Apart from that, in the net there are few possibilities of expansion of affordable quality... only free rhythms (converted), voices (edited)... (and that's thanks to the people who take the trouble to do it)
In short, I think that the big yamaha workstations should have more support.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 06:20:58 PM by chopoland »

beykock

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2019, 08:27:53 PM »
My T5 offers me everything : a great sound and a lot of fun.

Do I need more ? No.
🐭
Babette

Offline Toril S

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2019, 08:52:19 PM »
No. Tyros rules!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

beykock

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2019, 06:00:47 AM »
 One day Yamaha might decide to continue the production
 of their Legend called the Tyros.😉

Why not sell 2 high end arrangers : Genos and Tyros ?
 Both arrangers are winners and 2 different " beasts ".

Wishful thinking, I guess ? 🐷

Babette

Offline Will49

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2019, 09:29:01 AM »
Babette and Toril S. Very well-said... couldn't agree more with you both! :)

Kind regards,
Will

beykock

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2019, 11:36:12 AM »

Car brand names like Golf and Mustang e.g. are on the market for many years and their reputation is a warranty for all ( future ) users.

It would be wonderful one day Yamaha will have the intention to come back with their worldwide successful product and call it " New Tyros ".

Babette

Offline EileenL

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2019, 05:41:55 PM »
I can't really see this happening. After all Genos is the next step up with improved technology. It still has the same operating system as Tyros and a lot of its styles but of course they sound a lot more alive. It is also a lot lighter to carry which is a good thing. Still has Ensemble and Organ world although the latter has now been incorporated into the organ section which is easier to use as are many other things. Now has the playlist feature which replaces the Music Finder and is what people have been asking for a very long while. No more having to pay for expensive flash memory to use voice packs as it is already in the keyboard. Many new voices and all voices can be easily tweaked just as before. Many other features on it that make thing like adjustments much easier to do and quickly. Assignable buttons so you can easily find your favorite functions instead of searching for them. The Gateway buttons which are very useful indeed.
I can't see that many would want to buy a tyros if it did not have most of these things on it because if it did you would be buying a GENOS

beykock

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2019, 06:39:45 PM »
I like the latest technology of the Genos ( who doesn't ? ) but the Genos is so new.

The Genos has not proved the worldwide reputation of the Tyros yet.

Time will tell.

Babette

Offline EileenL

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2019, 11:35:16 PM »
I think you will find it has and more and more people are now buying it and using it for Home and Gigs.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2019, 11:42:07 PM »
I am sure that Genos is a fantastic keyboard. But I needed the good, old buttons, so Tyros it is for me! I am very satisfied with it.
It can be navigated without eyesight, something you cannot do with the Genos, even with VoiceGuide. And the Tyros looks so much better. Sorry, but that is my opinion. Tyros is beautiful!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Will49

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2019, 07:20:31 PM »
After all Genos is the next step up with improved technology. It still has the same operating system as Tyros and a lot of its styles but of course they sound a lot more alive.
Hi Eileen, Could the fact that the overall sound of the Genos is “more alive” have something to do with the effects? When it first came out, I recall reading posts from some who felt that the programmers had gone a bit OTT, and that some of Genos' sounds and styles seemed awash with far too much reverb!
With a great deal of experimenting with Reverb, EQ and a myriad of other effects available on the Tyros 5, I have been able to make it sound so much better than it is straight from the box. In most cases, the improvement is staggering... to the point that it really does sound like a totally different keyboard!

I think you will find it has and more and more people are now buying it and using it for Home and Gigs.
Yes, of course, I do not dispute that at all. However, could this also have something to do with the fact that there is no longer a brand new Tyros to be had? Granted, some of the used ones out there are still in excellent condition but, you know how it is, some people always prefer 'brand new'! ;) And in this particular arranger category, well, Genos is currently the only option available to them... other than jump ship to another brand, of course!

And the Tyros looks so much better. Sorry, but that is my opinion. Tyros is beautiful!
Hi Toril S, Absolutely, my opinion too!! And like I’ve said before, when I saw the two side by side, it was a no contest that the T5-76 (to me) by far looked the nicest and most impressive of the two!

Kind regards to all, :)
Will
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:28:58 PM by Will49 »

Offline sooty8

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2019, 11:15:45 AM »
The biggest bonus we have are the conversions from the Genos for the Tyros 5 which Onacimus has carried out, I think we have the best of both worlds the Tyros and Genos. They sound fantastic I think the man is a genius, the work that must go into these conversions is enormous. I feel that we are very lucky to have such a talented member on our forum.

Steve
Tyros 5   S950 S975
Bose L1 compact speaker
HS8 Studio Monitors

I Love My Tyros 5

Offline Toril S

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2019, 11:55:00 AM »
Agreed! We are lucky!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

henrycar

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2019, 06:37:53 PM »
Another  "GREAT ONE".

Thanks Onacimus

beykock

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2019, 07:56:49 PM »
Hi,

Maybe it is not easy to compare the Tyros5 and the Genos.

Both arranger keyboards are highend " beasts " made by the same manufacturer called Yamaha.

To say one is better than the other might be a bridge too far. Both keyboards are different machines, I believe.

Why not keeping the Tyros family alive and continue the Genos serie ?
Why not 2 highend arrangers ?

Babette

Offline Toril S

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2019, 11:21:09 PM »
That would definitively be good for us visually impaired keyboarders!!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline pjd

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2019, 02:05:37 PM »
Why not keeping the Tyros family alive and continue the Genos serie ?
Why not 2 highend arrangers ?

Hi --

Well, in one word, business.

Yamaha would need to manufacture, maintain and support two high-cost product lines while splitting the market for high-end arrangers in two. That would essentially double their costs without increasing market share or sales. On top of this, Yamaha would probably have to sell the next Tyros at a lower price than the flagship Genos, further cutting return on a Tyros product.

There's probably some marketing principles against splitting the market with two competing high-end products from the promotional (advertising) point of view (i.e., customer confusion, etc.) But, in the end, it comes down to $$$$.

I don't mean this as a slam against T5 because I have a lot of respect for it as an instrument and darned near bought one (twice).

BTW, I'm sorry that this sounds harsh, but business is a rather cold topic.  :o We all prefer music!  :D

-- pj

P.S. There are technical reasons why the T5 specifically is end of life, too.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 07:57:13 PM by pjd »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2019, 03:00:38 PM »
Yes we must all respect that Tyros has moved on to Genos with new casing and components. So many people were asking for touch screens which by the way I did not want. Now having used it I realised it is a doddle to use and much quicker. People wanted to be able to save all there settings with Music Finder so Yamaha have introduced Play Lists which do this. Some did not like Audio styles or thought it was to expensive to buy extra ones. They also did not like that you could not record the drum parts to Midi. We now have Revo drums which I think are much better. There are lots of other very nice and easy useable functions on Genos, so Yamaha did listen to what a lot of people wanted. In addition to this they gave us extra Play Lists and also all the Audio styles on Tyros 5 as free downloads plus other things to. I really enjoyed my Tyros 5 when I had it but would not go back to it now. Things move on and new technology is always just round the corner.   

beykock

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2019, 08:20:48 PM »
Thank you all for your interesting reply.

As I said before : the Genos is a great machine, no doubt in my mind.

But ... I cannot understand why Yamaha's Marketing Division has decided to end a famous, historical, worldwide brand name called TYROS, a Real Champion.
Never shoot a winning horse, right ?

It is hard for me to believe the Tyros brand name will never come back in the ( near ) future.😯

Tyros, a brand name nobody will/can ever forget.🌹

Babette

Offline Toril S

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2019, 08:24:44 PM »
I agree Babette! Not everybody can use a touch screen.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

KenM

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2019, 09:16:05 PM »
Tyros 5. Fantastic keyboard.  Over a year ago I traded in my T3 for it at Hamiltons, Preston over the phone. A great company to deal with and all without leaving home in Llandudno.

To say I',m in love with the T5 is and understatement.  And I'm still discovering something new on it all all the time.

beykock

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2019, 09:32:39 PM »
A couple of weeks ago someone offered me an attractive price for my T5/76.

Recently I have decided to keep it and not to go for another arranger ... I like/love my T5 too much to say goodbye. 😧

Babette
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 09:34:25 PM by beykock »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2019, 10:18:24 PM »
If you are satisfied all is well! I will not part with my Tyros!
Toril S

and PSR-47.