Author Topic: Owned a Tyros 5/76 for over a year... and still loving it!  (Read 20341 times)

Offline Danny1972

Re: Owned a Tyros 5/76 for over a year... and still loving it!
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2019, 12:20:59 PM »

So to anyone out there who has a previous Tyros model, and thinking of upgrading to a T5/76, then go for it. And those coming from a T4 will find that a lot of their old keyboard is still in the T5/76 (not a bad thing really) but with now a much better effects/DSP system. Spend some time experimenting with the new effects and you will be truly amazed! There are also over 300 new voices, several new styles (incl. Audio)... and much, much more. And of course, you’ll have 76 keys to play with - great if you like using a 3-way split keyboard occasionally.  All in all, if you’re like me, you won't regret it!

Hi Will,

Interesting read indeed and sharing your experience. I feel exactly the same as you - but with my T4. I've had it now for about 5 years and it still takes my breath away sometimes, and after hearing both the T5 & Genos I really can't hear that much of an improvement over the T4 enough to warrant upgrading, whereas for the same money in an exchange you could actually get a decent S model with some of those new sounds, styles and features instead - which I did. So in other words, instead of the price for an upgrade, I kept the T4 and have the S975 along side it, it seems you're getting so much more for the money.

In my opinion (and maybe controversially)  from the first Tyros up until the Genos, I think the biggest jump (and improvement) has been from T3 to T4, but since then I think it's slowed down, at least 'sonically'. For me Yamaha will have to change something significantly enough to change from a T4 and it hasn't quite happened yet as you can make the T4, T5 & Genos sound exactly the same and in some ways make any one of them stand out over the other.

However, if I wasn't a Yamaha owner wanting to purchase one, I have no doubt the T5 would be where I would go over the Genos as I think the T5 is beautiful.

Oddly, I am not sure if the T4 is going to be my last TOTL Yamaha and just experiment around with the S (or SX) models instead.

Cosmorot

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2019, 10:54:24 AM »
Hey. I am a happy T5 / 76 user. I am a professional composer and arranger. Since the purchase, I have unloaded the computer's CPU by 70% due to the natural sound of many voices. Despite many problems with MIDI connections, using the organ world and the ugliness of the sampler,
I am ready to use Tyros for many more years.
[/size]

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Cosmorot

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2019, 11:16:42 AM »
 ;) Greetings from my T5 below in mp3 file!

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: wersianer