Author Topic: Genos mixer question - controls  (Read 6127 times)

Offline Al Ram

Genos mixer question - controls
« on: April 21, 2019, 05:38:16 PM »
Hello Friends

Attached please find a pic of the Genos Mixer.

It pictures some controls that I circled in red color.   I do not know the name of these controls.   The controls have some dials that you can move left or right . . . . It looks like the value of these controls can be saved into registration(s).   I have played with this but not knowing exactly what i am doing i have no basis. 

can someone please explain what these controls are for and what is the overall effect when turning left or right . . .

thanks in advance.

[attachment deleted by admin]
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline DerekA

Re: Genos mixer question - controls
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 08:12:18 PM »
This is known as 'pan' and is the position in the stero field. L67 means coming fully from the left speaker, R67 means coming fully from the right, then anywhere in between.

It can be effective to position different parts at different places from left to right to create a wide stereo sound.
Genos

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 09:44:40 PM »
DerekA

thanks a lot.  very valuable info.

I have two Bose L1 speakers but i usually play with only one.  I guess then that the best position for me is 0 zero, neutral. 

thanks again. 
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 10:55:53 PM »
Come on Al,you got a nice keyboard my friend.
Sounds are nice to be heard in stereo. :)
In styles we choose to make the sounds in different pan position so they are not all be heard from the center.
Or we can make arpeggios or sound waves in styles so they keep moving from left to right and backwards etc.

Listening from one speaker is like listening the bass player playing behind the drum player who's playing behind the guitar player and the keyboard player is first in the line
They can play better if they stand next to each other like a real band :D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 10:58:48 PM by panos »

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 03:33:58 AM »
Panos

You are absolutely right.   !!!   

i have played with both Bose L1's for bigger crowds.   For smaller crowds i play with one bose L1 to reduce weight and carrying stuff.

But yes, i agree with you.

thanks again
AL
San Diego/Tijuana