Author Topic: how do you adjust the metronone on PSR 970?  (Read 3397 times)

Offline YammyFan

how do you adjust the metronone on PSR 970?
« on: January 17, 2019, 01:09:41 AM »
I would like to set it to Waltz and it keeps reverting to 4/4 time?  I do not have the keyboard set in record mode ? Could it be that the metronone only works in record mode?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 01:45:56 AM by YammyFan »

Offline Ed B

Re: how do you adjust the metronone on PSR 970?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 02:49:53 AM »
Hi
Press direct access/metronome and this will take  you to the section where you can adjust the time signature to what you want. Move the highlighted group to time signature using the A&B buttons and then adjust the time signature at the bottom with buttons 6&7 upper and lower.
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan, alanclare

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 04:38:48 AM »
Hi
Press direct access/metronome and this will take  you to the section where you can adjust the time signature to what you want. Move the highlighted group to time signature using the A&B buttons and then adjust the time signature at the bottom with buttons 6&7 upper and lower.
Regards
Ed B

Wonderful.  Thank you Ed. I learn something every day on this Forum. I often think of those poor souls who have purchased one of these wonderful Yamaha Keyboards and have never managed to" get out of first gear"  because they have never heard,  or have been unable to access this forum. When I first learnt to drive a motor car I loved first gear, and thought 'This is the life for me"  An hour or so later I ventured into 2nd gear and Wow!   Breath taking!!!

Offline alanclare

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 07:54:42 AM »
Wonderful.  Thank you Ed. I learn something every day on this Forum. I often think of those poor souls who have purchased one of these wonderful Yamaha Keyboards and have never managed to" get out of first gear"  because they have never heard,  or have been unable to access this forum. When I first learnt to drive a motor car I loved first gear, and thought 'This is the life for me"  An hour or so later I ventured into 2nd gear and Wow!   Breath taking!!!

And so say all of us. Beautifully put.

Thanks, both of you.

Alan

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 08:51:54 AM »
I was one of those poor souls. Every day I thank God for this wonderful forum❤️
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan

Offline panos

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 01:20:04 PM »
The metronome everytime just follows the style that is selected at the time,even if you don't press the Start button.
When we turn on the keyboard the metronome is at 4/4 because the style at that time is the first preset style of the model.
E.g  to my keyboard the first preset style is the Hard Rock 4/4 style with tempo 120.

An alternative to make the metronome play a 3/4 rhythm all we have to do is by selecting a selecting a 3/4 style and adjust the tempo.

Personally I find the sound of the metronome kind of annoying so if it is just for practice I prefer to play with the sound of the main A drums with the ACMP button in off position to keep the correct rhythm.