Author Topic: Copying R3 voice settings to R2  (Read 3109 times)

Offline MIKEP

Copying R3 voice settings to R2
« on: January 11, 2019, 12:48:47 PM »
Hello
I have a number of external registrations where there are voice settings for R1 and R3 with R2 silent. Is there a quick way of copying the R3 setting to say R2, thereby freeing up R3 for a different voice for a keyboard split?
Thank you
Mike

Offline EileenL

Re: Copying R3 voice settings to R2
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 03:26:09 PM »
When you say R2 is silent is there a voice assigned to it and is the volume turned up. Do you use a volume pedal make sure the R2 is ticked.

Offline MIKEP

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 03:33:37 PM »
Hi Eileen
There is a voice in R2 but it is turned off for the purpose of that registration. Basically, I want to remove what is in R2 and replace it with what is in R3 in the easiest way, without having to go behind the scenes of R3 and then trying to replicate it in R2.
Mike

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 03:43:49 PM »
Hi Eileen
There is a voice in R2 but it is turned off for the purpose of that registration. Basically, I want to remove what is in R2 and replace it with what is in R3 in the easiest way, without having to go behind the scenes of R3 and then trying to replicate it in R2.
Mike

The easiest way would be to use Murray Best's Registration Manager.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 03:45:27 PM »
Hi Eileen
 Basically, I want to remove what is in R2 and replace it with what is in R3 in the easiest way, without having to go behind the scenes of R3 and then trying to replicate it in R2.
Mike

There is no quick copy and paste way on the keyboard, but when I have needed to do it I save temporary user files of the voices I want to transfer, which is fairly quick and then substitute those in the voice positions I want to overwrite. That takes care of the settings apart from the balances, which you need to make a note of and reinstate.

John
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 04:02:08 PM by jwyvern »

Bachus

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 04:23:12 PM »
There is no quick copy and paste way on the keyboard, but when I have needed to do it I save temporary user files of the voices I want to transfer, which is fairly quick and then substitute those in the voice positions I want to overwrite. That takes care of the settings apart from the balances, which you need to make a note of and reinstate.

John

So i guess this is on many people’s wishlist?

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 04:36:39 PM »
You can save any OTS voices R1. R2. R3 into separated Registrations 1 to 8 and reload any of them to any OTS voices.
With many Registration banks available pretty well makes this unlimited choices.

Myself save my preferred voices into many separated registrations to do exactly that.
DGX670

Offline MIKEP

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 05:13:11 PM »
Thank you for all your replies. Definitely something for me to explore.
Mike