Author Topic: Midi controll of the playlist  (Read 2764 times)

Bachus

Midi controll of the playlist
« on: February 13, 2019, 09:46:10 AM »

I am looking for a way to controll al my hardware (genos/modx/Integra7/gemini) trough midi..

I want to select a whole registry on the Genos..
My idea was to do this from a playlist on my ipad..
And have a paralel playlist on Genos..

But there don't seems to be a way to select playlist features on Genos from a remote mdi source..

And there is also no easy way to send program changes/bank changes from Genos...

Online reya

Re: Midi controll of the playlist
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 10:59:24 AM »
Hi Bachus,

not sure I (fully) grasp what you are trying to achieve here. Also I have no idea what integra7 and gemini are, nor am I  an Ipad user but ....

There are apps (on iOs/android) that allow you to load a registration file (and optionally activate a registration button) on Genos, just by loading the corresponding music sheet in that app. On Adroid I use Mobilesheets for that , and on iPad, there is songbook+ (and others..)
This approach allows you to only clreate a playlist in that app. No need to duplicate it on Genos (with a chance of mismatching because of differences between the two playlists )...

I know Mobilesheets allows for adding additional midi messages to be send when loading the music sheet. Midi messages that could then be used to trigger Integra7 and/or gemini maybe ... But as mentioned I do not fully grab your intentions here.
No idea if Songbook+ allows for additional midi messages to be sent when loading a sheet, as I have never used that app ....

Hope that helps a bit

Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline Tommy 73

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 11:57:19 AM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 11:58:20 AM by Tommy 73 »
Yamaha Montage M8x : Korg PA5X 76  : Roland Jupiter 80 : Waldorf STVC : Roland Integra 7 : Waldorf Streichfett : Focal Trio6 ST6 : Studio Outboards/RME Audio Interface/A&H Mixer :

Bachus

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 12:58:33 PM »
https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/midi/iconnectmidi4plus would this be of any use ?

Its not the fysical connection thats a problem
Its mostly my understanding of the midi implementation on Genos..

Hi Rey,
Thank you for your Information. The switching of the Registration worked with your help immediately.  Idea  However, I am well versed in Midi I had made a mistake.

If not yet known here a general reference to the Yamaha Keyboard Tyros 2 to Tyros 5.
When Tyros is necessary to note that the Keyboard-System managed in a Folder only up to 500 Files.
If you want to save more Registration-Banks have to create a new Folder. A Folder may therefore only up to 500 Reg-Banks stored (e.g. Song-Nr. 000 xxx - 499 xxx).
xxx are variable Names. In the Tyros A Reg-Bank can e.g. mean: 487 Beginn the Beguine.
As Rey was writing must be preceded by the sort to maintain the 3-digit Number.

In the Song-Setting in MobileSheets Pro therefore the MSB-Parameter is very important because the MSB-Parameter 0 only up to 128 Reg benches
in Tyros on (eg Song-Nr. 000 xxx - 127 xxx).
Here the Setting to switch up to 500 Reg benches in Tyre in the Song Setting MS Pro.

With MSB/LSB/ProgramChange all possible 500 Reg banks of a folder can be selected
(e.B. Song No. 000 xxx -. 499 xxx).
Add a 'Patch select' with following Parameters im Song-Setting in MS-Pro
MSB      LSB         Programm    corresponds
                          Change        Song-Nr.
 0       0 - 127       0 - 7       000 xxx - 127 xxx
 1       0 - 127       0 - 7       128 xxx - 255 xxx
 2       0 - 127       0 - 7       256 xxx - 383 xxx
 3       0 - 127       0 - 7       384 xxx - 499 xxx
ProgramChange 0 - 7 respective switches the Reg-Places on 1 - 8

Example for driving the Reg-Bank 487 Beginn the Beguine on Reg No. 5
In MS-Pro of the Song Beginn the Beguine add a 'Patch select' Following with follewing the Parameter:
MSB 3 - LSB 103 - ProgramChange 4

Let me also a big thank you to Mike for his outstanding work. MobileSheets was very good but the Pro version with the midi controller and the new features is absolutely outrageous.
In the official German-Yamaha-Forum i will recommend MS-Pro greatly.

I hope i could help.
I can little English. I have translate with Googletranslator from German to English.

Siggi

According to this list the program and bank changes where MSB is 0 to 3 are used to change registry entries 001 to 500 in a folder...  i am asuming thats the currently selected folder for Registration banks? And that i can change the reg memmory by selecting progr chamge 0 to 9

Obviously directly selecting registry banks is just as good as selecting playlist entries, as a playlist entry is essentialyy a link to a registry entry.. this seems to answer my question..

Can anyone tell me if the 500 limit still holds true for max number of entries in a folder?  Seems i allready have a folder with 2300 registry banks, nicely numbered.. or is it the max number assignable trough midi bank changes?

Looks like i found the information i was looking for,..and not in the tyros or genos manuals.

I would like to know what else i can select trough bank/program changes?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 01:09:00 PM by Bachus »

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 02:31:03 PM »
Hi - this may or may not have info that would help you, but look for my entries in the thread below:
I have a few notes including some attached files, that help in using MIDI to select / recall Registrations.  I happen to use unrealBook, but these will work in any program that can send MIDI to the Genos (or a Tyros).  I use wireless MIDI and an iPad, but these ideas should work for many other setups too.

The great thing is, that when I call up a song on my iPad (such as a request in the middle of a gig), my Genos is immediately ready-to-go with the Registration I created for that song that I just loaded up on my iPad.

Look for my entries halfway (or so) down into this thread for more details:
http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,40330.msg318105.html#msg318105

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff