Author Topic: Tyros 5 has issue with buttons D E F G and Direct Access on display no respond  (Read 5644 times)

Offline m.yang45

Hi all, Yamaha keyboard players

I have a Tyros 5 have been upgrade to firmware version 1.13 doesn't seem normal 3 issue so first issue every time when i first power up the 4 LED lite up all under Song part i, ii, iii iv, with audio recorder 1 LED lite on play/pause, they seem to tie up together or freeze up with audio recorder if I depress part ii or iii all the LED's went off but still not able to turn on individual.
2nd issue on home screen I try select the style by pressing button D, or E, F, G and Direct Access on display none of these response I can only select A, B C, and H, I, J  I'm not sure what cause the tyros 5 to have these buttons lock or freeze, this issue I can't even do the factory reset with the function utility mode either.
3rd issue the Fade in/out button also tie up with all LED's under MIC vocal when I press Fade button on/off also effect those LED's under MIC section.
If any one has an idea please help me to trouble shooting I would be very appreciate, hope to see your command or advise soon.
Thanks.

M. Yang
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 05:37:19 PM by m.yang45 »

Seagull29

Hi,
did you try to make an update with the last  one(1.13)  from an USB device ? I think it may be a bug, otherwise, a motherboard problem.
Regards
Seagull29

Offline m.yang45

Hi Seagull29,

Thanks for your reply and yes the current version was 1.13, and every time i boot up the keyboard it always lite up those 4 LEDs on song part if I depress other part and all turn off if I go depress part i again they all lite up, so it seem they all tie up and i did perform a button test it was stuck with the D button no respond. Any one have idea how much the mother board would cause to replaced please send me a link. thanks.

Offline pjd

Hi --

Do the TAB (arrow) buttons above the F G H I J buttons respond?

There is some common circuitry which scans D E F G TAB< and TAB>. Possibly a loose connector between the printed circuit boards which hold the switches (buttons), possibly a failure elsewhere in the scan hardware. (Source: T5 Service Manual)

If the two TAB buttons do not respond, then this is the likely cause.

Hope this helps -- pj

Offline m.yang45

Hi pjd,

thanks for your reply,
Yes the TAB buttons left and right are works fine just only those D,E, F, G not respond but any others seem to works fine.

Offline m.yang45

just to update this issue has been solve, it was the PNL PCB has cause the issue I have to order new PNL PCB for that.
thanks for every one that have read and please keep in mind for the future if any one might has the same issue.
M.Yang

Offline Toril S

So happy that it was solved!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline pjd

just to update this issue has been solve, it was the PNL PCB has cause the issue I have to order new PNL PCB for that.
thanks for every one that have read and please keep in mind for the future if any one might has the same issue.
M.Yang

Hi --

Thanks for the update. The PNL board fits my hypothesis.

All the best and good luck -- pj

Offline Jellybeanz

Hello,

My Tyros 5 started to exhibit the same symptom with D E F G and Direct Access buttons and some LEDs. My research and measurements revealed that the S11 pin of the IC2 on the PNL has slightly short-circuiting to 5V supply. The IC2 may be damaged somehow.

The strange thing is that I managed to find an used PNL, but his has also the same problem. Tyros 5 may have a weakness on this pin of the IC2. Is it possible to buy PNL as spare part?

Best regards,
Flemming

Offline overover

Hello,

My Tyros 5 started to exhibit the same symptom with D E F G and Direct Access buttons and some LEDs. My research and measurements revealed that the S11 pin of the IC2 on the PNL has slightly short-circuiting to 5V supply. The IC2 may be damaged somehow.

The strange thing is that I managed to find an used PNL, but his has also the same problem. Tyros 5 may have a weakness on this pin of the IC2. Is it possible to buy PNL as spare part?

Best regards,
Flemming

Hi Flemming,

The Tyros5 spare part "PNL Circuit Board" (Part No. ZE996600) costs about 177 euros from the German company "Audio-Service Schierbecker, Hamburg". It is also pointed out that delivery time is possible. (See also the attached screenshot.)

By the way, I also recommend checking the cables/connectors between the LCL and LCR boards (where the buttons you mentioned are located) and the PNL board.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Jellybeanz

Hi Chris,

Thank you for link for the spare part. I'll check it out.

Regarding my observation... I managed to  track a short-circuiting, well, not a direct short-circuiting, but approx. 100 ohm between the data line that is common for the non-working buttons and the 5V supply. I could measure the "short-circuiting" when the cables was detached. There is a 47k pull-up resistor to 5V supply. While there is 47k resistor values was measured on the other data lines, there is "short-circuiting" on the particular data line. When I remove the IC2, the the 47k pull-up was measured again.

There are a couple of LEDs doesn't work on the PNL board. I'll check the cable connections to LCL and LCR boards.

Regards,
Flemming