Author Topic: Yamaha in 2019  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Bachus

Yamaha in 2019
« on: January 01, 2019, 11:18:46 AM »
First of a happy new year to all of you..

So what is there to expect from Yamaha in 2019?

There is 2 things i am pretty sure of..
- a Yamaha cp4 replacement at Namm 2019 or musikmesse..
- a big upgrade patch for Genos

And then there are some things i assume mos likely but they could also be 2020
- a new range of CVP pianoís CVP 809 probably?
- a Montage 2 late 2019 early 2020
- an ipad app for Genos/PSR
- a psr s975 upgrade (maybe a touchscreen, but dont expect sliders, sa2, revo, ensembles or 76 keys) probably at musikmesse
- a Genos offensive, with a combo price with 2 or 3 free yamaha expansion packs

So what do you expect from Yamaha in 2019?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 11:23:41 AM by Bachus »
Keyszone.boards.net for all the latest keyboard news and information.

The following users thanked this post: cliffordleo1965

Offline tomsixtwo

Re: Yamaha in 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 03:50:10 PM »
I expect the PSR-S675 (maybe it will be called PSR-S680?)

Offline gogo

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 07:39:10 PM »
It is quite possible that they introduce new lower-end keyboards. Iím waiting for the next crop of CLP pianos but that isnít happening until next year.

Yamaha has actually pretty decent production on the market right now. A few weeks ago I was totally blown away by the P-125 portable piano and the CLP-645 Clavinova. Regarding arrangers, it is very difficult to imagine a better keyboard than the PSR-770. With the keyboards and pianos the biggest problem I have is to find time to play them :)

There is actually a relatively new product, the P-121 portable piano with GHS keyboard and 73 keys (6 octaves). This is actually something Iíd be interested in.

The CVPs have been left without updates for quite some time. Will they be discontinued alltogether? Seems like a suitable instrument for a composer, though Iíd rather have a CLP and a PSR instead of a CVP.

Offline Bachus

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 05:57:37 PM »
Here we go, the new stage piano for Namm

https://youtu.be/w8s19V9Yjek

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 09:32:21 PM »
Hi --

I just posted a summary (CP73 and CP88) on my site:

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/winter-namm-2019-yamaha-cp73-and-cp88/

along with links to demo videos and USA pricing.

Yamaha are taking aim at Nord Stage, but just can't quite commit to drawbar control or a Stage-like "mini synth." If someone digs Yamaha pro stage pianos, the CPs are your ticket. A nice instrument, yes; still not a Nord killer.

-- pj

P.S. I'm kind of fried, otherwise I would post more here. First day back in town...

Offline Bachus

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 05:09:49 PM »
Hi --

I just posted a summary (CP73 and CP88) on my site:

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/winter-namm-2019-yamaha-cp73-and-cp88/

along with links to demo videos and USA pricing.

Yamaha are taking aim at Nord Stage, but just can't quite commit to drawbar control or a Stage-like "mini synth." If someone digs Yamaha pro stage pianos, the CPs are your ticket. A nice instrument, yes; still not a Nord killer.

-- pj

P.S. I'm kind of fried, otherwise I would post more here. First day back in town...

What i miss is 4 sliders 4 buutons and 4 knobs for the 4 zones of the external section..

Nord stage has a basic 2 zones for external with their own controlls

I think most people these days use their stage piano in combination with a laptop or a mac..

Having to menu dive to controll them is not a good thing, not just Nord but also Rolands RD800/2000 and kawai mp11/7 have this direct controll over their 4 external zones... even Casio Px5s has this..

There is more things missing.. i agree with you on the 9 drawbars/organ section..

Also on the general sounds part, there is not much controll, not even a filter knob..

Where Nord also shines is the abbility to upload samples.. both for piano as well as the synth part..

It seems more like half a move towards Nord... but not giving people all they easilly could.. 
i think that if you wantto go the direction of Nord, you need to make sure you blow Norddeath out of the water..

Maybe we will see a CP-X with all those things to replace the much more expensive CP1

Offline dannyrichardson

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 04:27:02 PM »
Would love to see the Montage 2 keyboard workstation this year. Huge fan of the Montage.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 04:29:23 PM by dannyrichardson »