Author Topic: GENOS Back Up  (Read 2590 times)

GENOS Back Up
« on: November 10, 2021, 11:40:41 AM »
Hi Friends,

I have a question would appreciate if someone could help me. Saving a set of expansion in to the internal memory of the key board. Is there any way I could do it and then I need to save another set of expansions and I get a message to back up or all your data will be erased. Is there anyway to back up the expansion. I am confused as to how I will save or back up an expansion. Can you back up the expansion to the internal memory ??? If I am able to back up the expansion, how will I recall the previous expansions and have all the expansions in the keyboard. I am really struggling with this issue and need some kind help who know about the GENOS very well. Thank you. Hope some one will help me. :) :) :)

Sarath

Offline ckobu

Re: GENOS Back Up
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 01:09:58 PM »
Hi Sarath
You can make back up everything in keyboard Expansion Memory only on a computer in Yamaha Expansion Memory (YEM). All Packs you have installed in the keyboard should have the same content in YEM.
Watch the video explaining the procedure.

https://youtu.be/PmqB_FtxapQ
Include English subtitles
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 01:11:22 PM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 01:41:09 PM »
No, you can't keep a "backup" of the expansion data in internal memory.

All you can do is keep a copy of the installation file that you generated from YEM on either your computer's drive, or a USB. If you want to go back to a previously loaded set of expansion data, you need to re-install the previously saved file. This will replace everything.

However  think you're asking about being able to keep what was previously there and add to it. There are 2 options here.

+ Create a new pack in YEM that has everything you want in it by ticking the boxes on multiple packs
+ As above but use 'Quick install' to create a kind of 'topup' file with just the new data. (Personally this has never worked properly for me, though it has for others)

In either case remember the max total size is 3GB.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 02:42:18 PM »
You always have to do a full save of all packs first. After that you can use the quick load method for just adding one pack.

The following users thanked this post: sarathnmusic

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 05:20:41 PM »
Dear Elieen,
Thank you for the valued information. :)
Sarath

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 05:34:22 PM »
Dear Elieen,
Thank you for the valued information. :)
Sarath

Offline ckobu

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 05:43:53 PM »
You always have to do a full save of all packs first. After that you can use the quick load method for just adding one pack.

That is not entirely true.
Only part of the Pack (one or more contents) can be added using the quick method. You can also remove away content of the Pack or the whole one or more Packse.
The quick installation method can be performed multiple times but it must have the correct order.
Take a look at the detailed video in which I described it.

https://youtu.be/xj8Anf4B3sY