Author Topic: Audio link multpad creation  (Read 2851 times)

Offline terryB

Audio link multpad creation
« on: December 30, 2018, 03:33:53 PM »
Hi I am trying to create Audio Link Multipads from wav files stored in USB1 memory.

I go into Multipad Creator/ Audio Link /press New, and the screen goes to New Bank with 4 empty spaces for the new pads. So far so good.

I touch the first empty box to create the first pad of the bank and immediately a message comes up 'file not found or name is inappropriate'
with no chance to select the wav file :( :(

I got it to work the first time I did it with the first pad in the bank, but I had the wav files on a second USB 2 storage in the front slot, so took the USB1 memory from under the Genos, reloaded the files from the PC to USB 1 and started again to avoid having to use the second USB2 each time I wanted to load these pads.

Any ideas on what is the problem, I am wondering if I need to do a reset, but which one will sort the problem

Cheers
Terry

[attachment deleted by admin]

keynote

Re: Audio link multpad creation
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 04:17:35 PM »
Are you using the latest Operating System? The current version is 1.30. I tried to see if I could replicate the problem on my Genos but I couldn't. The issue could also be a bad USB stick. Also did you format the USB stick correctly i.e. within the Genos Utility Menu? If you still can't figure it out and your Genos is still under warranty you could call Yamaha and they can better assist you Terry. If you reside in the USA the number is 714-522-9011.

Mike

Offline terryB

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 06:58:15 PM »
Thanks Mike

Yes got the latest OS 1.3, USB is fine, in fact the files are on both USB1 and 2, but it doesn't seem to look anywhere for a wav file.
I'm in England so yes I will probably have to speak to someone at Yamaha UK, if I don't find the cause. They are probably on Xmas shut down at the moment.
Cheers
Terry

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 07:20:35 PM »
Hi Terry,

I don't have Genos, but from your photograph it looks as if you are looking for the audio files in the User drive.

What happens if you clear the error message (touch 'OK') and then touch/select 'USB1' or 'USB2'?

Are there any folders or files listed then?

Regards

Ian

Offline terryB

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 09:43:45 AM »
Hi Ian

When I press the box it comes up with the message straight away, no chance to chose anything. I did have the files in the USER drive earlier , but deleted them from there in case it was confusing the issue  :-\ :-\.

Cheers
Terry

Offline terryB

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 09:39:06 AM »
Its SORTED  :) :) :) :D :D :D

I tried and tried again with the same result and was reading up on factory resets then I had the idea to try to edit an existing set of Audio link pads.
I changed the first pad in an existing bank and saved it as new bank and it worked  ;D ;D. Next I tried to create a new bank and that now worked  ;D ;D.

I can only think that the edit I made on an existing pad somehow cleared a glitch I had managed to create in my earlier operations.

Anyway, Genos is back to 100% now  ;D ;D ;D

Oh, and a happy new year everybody  :) :) :)

Cheers
Terry