Author Topic: Split Voice PSR E463  (Read 7578 times)

Online Duurduur

Split Voice PSR E463
« on: December 23, 2018, 10:19:33 PM »
If I'm using a split voice it is always #054 fingerdbass and always -1 octave. So I always have to adjust the split voice up 2 or 3 octaves to sound good. I also thought the voice should adjust to the style I'm using at that moment. But this not the case even if I use OTS. I find this very strange because I expected the voice to fit to the style. I can change that, of course, but not very handy.
Is this a normal behavior or not?

Ruud
Yamaha PSR-SX900
Yamaha PSR E463
Logitech Z623 Speakersystem

SeaGtGruff

Re: Split Voice PSR E463
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 12:17:10 AM »
Selecting a Main Voice will automatically change the Dual Voice and the settings related to the Main Voice and Dual Voice, as well as some of the other settings-- Reverb Type, Chorus Type, Harmony Type, and Arpeggio Type and their related settings.

But the Split Voice and its related settings are not normally affected by changing the Main Voice.

The main exception to that rule is when you pick one of the "left arpeggio" voices-- on the PSR-E463 these are Voice Number 292 ("Finger Bass Left") through Voice Number 301 ("Strum Left").

Another possible exception is when you scroll through the voices, because there is at least one point where scrolling from one Voice Number to the next Voice Number will reset the Split Voice and its related settings back to their defaults.

I should add that the behavior described above is the way it works on most of the PSR-E models that I have, but it could vary from model to model. For example, on my YPT-400 (which is the same instrument as the PSR-E403 but marketed under a different model name) the Dual Voice and its related settings are not affected by changing the Main Voice. And looking over the Voice List for the PSR-E403, it can be seen that the PSR-E403/YPT-400 has no preset voices where the Dual function is turned on and a given combination of voices are layered together as the Main Voice and Dual Voice. So it appears to depend on what types of preset voices are programmed into a given model.

As far as the OTS Voice, I think it affects only the Main Voice.

Offline andyg

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 01:24:46 PM »
Hmm. On every E series keyboard I've owned or used (up to the E443), selecting a right hand voice always resets the split voice to Finger Bass set at -1 Octave, in the same way that it automatically sets the Dual voice, Main Volume, octave etc.

It's a pain!
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Online Duurduur

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 03:36:08 PM »
I have been playing a couple of weeks on a Medeli A800 and if I set split voice (dual voice there) for the left hand it was always in the right octave and at the right sound level as the choosen style.
So I expected the same with my Yamaha keyboard. But sadly this is not the case.
Thanks for your reactions.

Ruud
Yamaha PSR-SX900
Yamaha PSR E463
Logitech Z623 Speakersystem