Author Topic: auto open text  (Read 3338 times)

edtek

auto open text
« on: December 23, 2018, 03:36:24 AM »
I have text files with chords and lyrics saved to song regs.  Is there a way to open a text file saved to a reg when you open the reg?  Right now it seems I have to press "text view" every time.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: auto open text
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 07:53:48 AM »
I have text files with chords and lyrics saved to song regs.  Is there a way to open a text file saved to a reg when you open the reg?  Right now it seems I have to press "text view" every time.

The best way is to have an external monitor. It will stay on text view.

The other way is to use the registration sequencer to step through your songs with a pedal. Then you can keep the main screen on text view.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

edtek

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 03:38:26 AM »
Thanks for reply Fred.  I am now using the 3rd pedal for text +.  Now I need 4 pedals(!) on some songs like Runaround sue and Breaking up is hard to do:
where the song starts without rhythm.  For those I need sustain, style start/stop, text+, and ending.  Guess I need to get more accurate and faster with a finger button  push :)

Took a while to get my doc charts to fit in a text file small format 72x20.  I started using medium format (60x15) but it was tricky going back to a repeated chorus.  If this old brain can handle it I will try to memorize lyrics and just put chords on page to fit all on one page.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 03:55:55 AM »
Thanks for reply Fred.  I am now using the 3rd pedal for text +.  Now I need 4 pedals(!) on some songs like Runaround sue and Breaking up is hard to do:
where the song starts without rhythm.  For those I need sustain, style start/stop, text+, and ending.  Guess I need to get more accurate and faster with a finger button  push :)

Took a while to get my doc charts to fit in a text file small format 72x20.  I started using medium format (60x15) but it was tricky going back to a repeated chorus.  If this old brain can handle it I will try to memorize lyrics and just put chords on page to fit all on one page.

I just use registrations to do everything you’ve listed. I create a sequence for each song, so it handles going back to the chorus, etc., and therefore need only one pedal.

For lyrics, I create a separate text file for each page. The registrations know which page to load when. I go through the entire song without taking my hands off the keyboard.

Hope this helps,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

edtek

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 08:18:14 AM »
Yes, regs would do the trick and solve other problems besides.  I just need to allot the time to move everything around since I have always used one reg per song.  To show how I take the lazy man's way, I only use 8 of the genos regs in a bank to make it easier to sync to my psr.  :(  It's only one of the many ways I waste the capabilities of the genos.  :( :P