Author Topic: SysEx messages for PSR's SYNC STOP AND START STOP?  (Read 8313 times)

chikitin

SysEx messages for PSR's SYNC STOP AND START STOP?
« on: December 21, 2018, 12:34:49 AM »
H,

What are the SysEx messages for PSR's SYNC STOP AND START STOP? I cannot find them in Data List files for PSR-A3000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The reason I am asking is that I want to program my MFC10 to control the Style Control the way it is laid out on my PSR keyboard.

CS

SeaGtGruff

Re: SysEx messages for PSR's SYNC STOP AND START STOP?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 06:31:26 AM »
If I understand what you're looking for, they aren't SysEx messages-- they're System messages, but they're Realtime messages, not SysEx messages. See page 71 of the Data List-- FAH = Start, and FCH = Stop.

chikitin

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 05:57:45 AM »
Hi Michael.

Great to hear from you. I meant the Styles, Start/Stop ( single button). I programmed ( simply put the Status quote) my pedal F11 to FAH. However, It is not working.  When I press on F11, nothing happens. Here is the manual for MFC11. Page 33 discusses how to program Real-time system messages which is simply setting the Status bytes as you said to FA, FB, FC!

https://jp.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/5/317935/MFC10E.pdf

How come the Style's Stop and Start are not real time? Another things: is that possible to program the Style control's SYNT STOP with MFC10? I have programmed MFC10 foot switches to trigger the Style control's A, B, C, D, Break, etc. ( except the ones in my question), how come I cannot make them toggle as they are in PSR?

Thank you very much.

CS

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 08:10:53 AM »
I don't know how it works on your model, but the MIDI Reference for the PSR-E models indicate that setting the keyboard to External Clock will let you Start and Stop the style with the SysRT messages.

chikitin

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 11:48:42 AM »
 Thank you Michael for the reply. I think it makes sense to use the external with a clock on the PSR.I will check the manual for my PSR Keyboard.

Do you know what is that me the message for SYNC START BUTTON?

Is it common system message? In real time since the message? Or a system inclusive message? I cannot find anything about the manual!

Thank you very much again.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 12:43:43 PM »
I don't know the answers to your other questions. There are SysEx messages that let you switch on any of the style's sections. Perhaps they will also let you switch off the section? My PSR-E models don't even recognize those SysEx messages, so I can't try anything myself.

chikitin

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 04:06:31 PM »
Thank you Michael.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 09:46:20 PM »
When I say "switch off" a particular section, if you look at the SysEx message for the style's "Section Control" on page 83 of the PSR-A3000's Data List, one of the parameters in that message is a switch which can be set to an "On" or "Off" status. As I said, my PSR-E models don't seem to respond to these style-related SysEx messages, so I have absolutely no personal experience with them-- but I would guess that the way you change from one section to another is to send the message which switches on the section you want to change to, and that whatever section was previously being played will automatically switch off as the new section switches on. And I don't know whether manually switching off the current section without switching on a new section will cause the style playback to stop, but that's what I'm suggesting you try.

chikitin

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 04:10:22 AM »
Thank you Michael
I will give it a try.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 05:10:09 AM »
Let us know how it works out, because there must be other members who are interested in doing this sort of thing. :)

chikitin

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 11:13:16 PM »
Hi Michael,

I am kind of lost here. I see PSR-9000 can be internally configured do to SYNC STOP. See page 178 here:

https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/320857/9000ProE.pdf

I see in the page 15 and also section 1.3.1 of the manual how to set all the Section controls except for the Sync STOP.
I am not sure where to set SS and DD after setting the FO status.

But I am lost. Can you help please?

Thank you very much.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 01:41:54 AM by chikitin »

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 09:24:30 AM »
I'm not familiar with either the PSR-9000 or the MFC10.

I can only guess that the PSR-9000 must be programmed to respond in certain ways to the buttons on the MFC10, because the options shown on page 178 of the PSR-9000 manual don't seem to directly correspond to anything in the MFC10 manual.

But I do see that the MFC10 manual mentions those START and STOP System messages that I spoke of in an earlier post.

chikitin

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 01:30:33 AM »
In MFC manual, we read: Foot controllers can transmit Control Change, After Touch, and Pitch Bend data.
In PSR, Section Control is listed under System Exclusive Messages (Style). I automatically assume it is not possible to do that. However, If I had access to 9000pro, I could connect MFC10 to that via MIDI IN and MIDI out and dump/write the settings with all the goodies to MFC10.

I just purchased new sustain pedal and will program it as the second control to do SYNC STOP. At least I can do that!

chikitin

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 05:36:10 AM »
Michael,

It seems impossible. Like I said, I just purchased a new sustain pedal and programmed it as the second controller to do SYNC STOP. It works just fine!

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 10:03:14 AM »
I suppose that the operating system of the PSR-9000 was specifically programmed to be able to work with the MFC that way.

Tyros5Mad

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 04:38:50 PM »
H,

What are the SysEx messages for PSR's SYNC STOP AND START STOP? I cannot find them in Data List files for PSR-A3000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The reason I am asking is that I want to program my MFC10 to control the Style Control the way it is laid out on my PSR keyboard.

CS

I can answer this - at least for the Genos. I suspect though that the messages are valid across the range.

F0 04 43 60 7A F7  Keyboard Start - equivalent to pressing the start button

F0 04 43 60 7D F7 Keyboard Stop - equivalent to pressing the stop button

Hope that helps.
Regards - Richard

chikitin

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2020, 12:18:45 PM »
I can answer this - at least for the Genos. I suspect though that the messages are valid across the range.

F0 04 43 60 7A F7  Keyboard Start - equivalent to pressing the start button

F0 04 43 60 7D F7 Keyboard Stop - equivalent to pressing the stop button

Hope that helps.
Regards - Richard

Thank you very much, Richard. Sorry to thanking you very late!