Author Topic: any rumors about new smaller Yamaha arrang keys with 76 keys at NAMM in January  (Read 10094 times)

henning-kock

Dec 20 2018

Hi,

Are there any rumors about new smaller Yamaha arrangement keys with 76 keys at NAMM in January in Los Angeles? ?

By "smaller" I mean less and cheaper than Genos. Maybe a "BabyGenos" or psr-EW

That is, less than a third or a fourthe of the price of a Genos.

To be presented on NAMM in January, these keyboards must be on the way now in the airplanes with
heading toward Los Angeles, and they must have been produced and tested within the last year's time.

There is also the next Frankfurt Musical Instrument Messe in April, maybe the news will be there first?

Best regards / Kind regards / My freundliche Grüssen / Sincerely

Henning
www.henning-kock.dk
www.steelguitardanmark.dk
................................................. . ..
www.youtube.com. . . . . . .
henning kock piano mode
henning kock arranger mode
henning kock wersi
henning kock pedal steel guitar

SeaGtGruff

I haven't seen any news, but I'm expecting that Yamaha will soon be announcing the follow-ups to the PSR-E263 and PSR-E363, either at the Winter 2019 NAMM, Musikmesse 2019, or Summer 2019 NAMM. That means they may be unveiling the PSR-EW310 next month. It will be interesting to see what differences there will be between the PSR-EW300 and the PSR-EW310. Of course, the PSR-EW310 will be a far cry from a "baby Genos"! :D

Offline mikf

Smaller ....... with 76 keys???? Do you mean cheaper with 76 keys?

Offline EileenL

I doubt you will get the next S series or what ever they call it in 76 note.

SeaGtGruff

I think he meant in terms of price, not width:

By "smaller" I mean less and cheaper than Genos. Maybe a "BabyGenos" or psr-EW

That is, less than a third or a fourthe of the price of a Genos.

Offline EileenL

The questions also contained a hope for 76 note keyboard.

SeaGtGruff

Yes, that was exactly how I read it-- Might there be any new 76-key models (similar in width to Genos and PSR-EW) coming out in the first half of 2019, possibly to be announced at Winter 2019 NAMM, but costing no more than perhaps a third or fourth the price of the Genos. :)

The only thing we know for sure is that only Yamaha knows for sure, and Yamaha will wait until the opening day of NAMM, or perhaps the day before, to post a press release announcing what they'll be exhibiting at NAMM.

The PSR-E models have been updated like clockwork every two years since they were introduced-- the 400-level models in even-numbered years, and 200- and 300-level models in odd-numbered years. As I understand it, the 200- and 300-level PSR-Es are big sellers for Yamaha, so I feel fairly confident that we'll be seeing the new PSR-E273 and PSR-E373 very soon, either at Winter 2019 NAMM or at MusikMesse 2019-- assuming Yamaha is planning to continue those two lines and not rename them to something else (after all, the model numbers are pretty close to running out-- 273/373, 283/383, and then 293/393). And we can therefore expect to see the new 76-key model, or PSR-EW310.

But we'll just have to wait patiently to see whether any sort of 76-key PSR-S models are coming. The PSR-S775 and PSR-S975 are still comparatively new, so I'm doubtful we'll see replacements for them anytime soon, although that doesn't rule out the possibility of 76-key versions (PSR-SW?). And there was no PSR-S675 released alongside the 775 and 975, so perhaps Yamaha will release one in 2019?

It can be fun to speculate, but only Yamaha knows for sure!

Online Enildo

I hope the next PSR line will come with more live controls, input for one more pedal, button with light for VH, new Vocal Harmony - VH3, plus voice editing controls and styles, memory for packs of at least 2gb or if this is done and it is possible to use an HD, the option to save drums kits after editing in "Drum setup".
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline EileenL

I would think that if you only want to pay a 3rd or a 4th of Genos that is what you will get a 3rd or 4th of the content.
  In Genos we only have 1.8 Gb flash memory so imagine Baby brother may have around a Gb.

Online Enildo

I would think that if you only want to pay a 3rd or a 4th of Genos that is what you will get a 3rd or 4th of the content.
  In Genos we only have 1.8 Gb flash memory so imagine Baby brother may have around a Gb.

It's worth dreaming! ;D ;D ;D
When word fail, Music speaks!

Bachus

I doubt you will get the next S series or what ever they call it in 76 note.

There are some things yamaha seems to keep exclusive to their top range..
-sa2 voices
-ensemble voices
-high end keybed with aftertouch
-sliders (and probably live knobs)
And some more..

Ithink its save to add 76 keys and touchscreen to that for the first decade..

SeaGtGruff

I’d agree with just about all of that, but not the Live Control knobs. The PSR-E4xx models have had those ever since the first model (PSR-E403/YPT-400, released in 2006), well before they were added to the PSR-S models. :)

beykock

It is hard to believe Yamaha will ( ever ) launch an S-serie with 76 and 61 keys.

IMHO most S-serie owners prefer 61 keys, built in speakers and are expecting some extra Genos features.

A touch screen ?
New S-serie available in 2019 or 2020 ?

Only Yamaha can answer all these questions.

Happy New Year to all !

Babette
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 07:37:02 AM by beykock »