Author Topic: PSR E363 MIDI volume  (Read 4285 times)

WilmaRogers

PSR E363 MIDI volume
« on: December 19, 2018, 09:28:26 PM »
Hi there

I really appreciate the replies I received to my previous post about transferring and storing MIDI files on to my keyboard. I now have a question about the volumes of the different sounds within the MIDI file.

I am finding that, in general, the melody on the MIDI files I have transferred is a little loud and I would like to be able to turn it down. I don't want to turn the backing down - just the tune, if that makes sense...?

I have seen on some advanced Yamaha keyboards that you can alter the volumes of the different parts within a MIDI file using sliders or buttons on the instrument, and I am wondering if something might be possible using the Function button on the E363, but I haven't had a great deal of success with my experiments so far.

I have played Wersi organs for many years and I am new to the Yamaha keyboard series. Any help is very gratefully received, as ever!

Thank you.

SeaGtGruff

Re: PSR E363 MIDI volume
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 09:56:18 PM »
No, the PSR-E models don’t have that kind of sophisticated mixing capability; you can adjust the overall volume for all channels of the song using the Song Volume function, but you can’t adjust the volumes of the individual channels.

However, you can load the song file into a utility such as Mix Master (available for free on the main PSR Tutorial site), or into one of Jørgen Sørensen’s utility programs, and adjust the volumes of the individual channels there, then save the adjusted song file and retransfer it to the keyboard.

WilmaRogers

Re: PSR E363 MIDI volume
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 09:09:26 PM »
Thank you so much. I will try the mixing programs you mention. That's great!