Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Speakers / Foot Pedals

powered speakers for Genos

<< < (3/3)

Roland:
Hello Ken,

In short: The compressor is a feature that reduces the limit of an audio signal.

There is a nice Wiki article which is not too complicated either - you can find it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range_compression

Why would I use it on a keyboard? If you have a song that has an instrument that "peaks" all others constantly - then you might want to use a compressor - to "put a lid" on that instrument :-) . But in most cases (at least that is what I find) it is better to fix the source. On the other hand, you can use the compressor at times to enhance some drum kit sounds - but now we're getting into mixing and mastering - something that might be a bit more useful when using a DAW.

Hope that helps. Cheers, Roland

Roland:
I forgot: There is nothing wrong with either having the compressor on or off - in most cases it's a matter of taste. I don't have a Genos, so I can't verify this; but depending on the type of compressor it uses, it might also boost some lower levels, resulting in a "warmer" sound. So just play with it for a while until you find what sounds best to your ears.

Cheers, Roland

khudson7:
Great info, thanks Roland.

Murat:
I use Microlab Solo 15. The sound quality is great and the cost of the speakers aren't too bad. This is if you are playing at home or a small venue.

Tyros5Mad:
I recently purchased a pair of Adam T7v speakers and a Zoom L-12 mixer. Cost a bit of money but the speakers really sound great and the mixer can record as well so I am very happy.

Regards, Richard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version