Author Topic: Help-Problem Loading Midi Song Files Into Tyros 5  (Read 3660 times)

ricketsia76

Help-Problem Loading Midi Song Files Into Tyros 5
« on: December 05, 2018, 10:14:54 AM »
Good Day.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I am having difficulty inputting new standard midi files downloaded from Yamaha Software into Tyros 5. I have done this many times before with no problem, so I don't know what I am doing wrong now.

Background:
* After downloading from Yamaha Soft to computer, I am using a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive to move the standard midi files from computer to tyros. These files are not zipped.
* The file icons on the USB drive look "readable", that is they have color and are not "greyed out" when viewed on a PC. When viewed on a MAC, they are greyed out (See attachment). Either way, when I place the USB flash drive with these files into the Tyros, none of the files are visible.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline overover

Re: Help-Problem Loading Midi Song Files Into Tyros 5
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 10:30:34 AM »
Hi Rick,

are you looking in the SONG selection display on the T5 (button [A] in Main screen - - - > Tab USB1)?

(If you would accidentally have opened the STYLE or VOICE selection display, you could not see the MIDI files.)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

ricketsia76

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 11:06:48 AM »
Over Over,

Many thanks:

thanks, thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks,thanks.

I was trying to open and save the files directly into a registration bank. Since I was focusing on that, I forgot to do the most obvious. I guess I need to go into "Song" first, then save in registration.

You saved me from loosing more of my grey hairs.

Thanks again,

Rick

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 12:08:46 PM »
Hi Rick,

I'm glad that I could help you!

(Although I had not mentioned the REG selection display, before ... ;))

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 11:28:48 AM »
Make sure you have song ticked in memory if you want to save links to songs on registration buttons.