Author Topic: R1 Voice goes "dead"  (Read 6137 times)

Offline hella737

R1 Voice goes "dead"
« on: December 03, 2018, 11:33:13 PM »
Hi,
I'm at a loss and hope someone here knows what is going on.
I use primarily registrations when I play.
Strange thing is that R1 voice goes dead for no reason, to me at least.
When I Factory reset System all R1,2&3 voices are fine.
When I then load a registration only R2 and R3 voices can be heard, even tho R1 lights up and I know there is an instrument assigned.
I have split set for Style/Left F2 and R3 at G2.
I assume there may possibly be an issue with some registration files and I use YRM trying to figure out why this happens, but no clue as to what is going on.
Any suggestion is highly appreciated because this is driving me nuts here. :(

Thank you in advance.

Helge
Best regards,
Helge

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: R1 Voice goes "dead"
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 01:42:27 AM »
Hi Helge,

When you set  Right3 Split Point lower than the very top of the keyboard, only the R3 voice will play from this split point note to the top of the keyboard when R3 is turned on.  R1 and R2 won't play in this region even if they are turned on!

With R3 turned on, R1 and R2 will only play from the note above the Left split point to the note below the Right3 split point.

If you have set your Left and Style split points to F2, and the Right3 split point is set to G2, then whenever the Left voice or the ACMP is on, if you turn on the R3 voice,  R1 and R2 will only play on the one remaining note between the Style/Left (F2) and Right3 (G2) split points, i.e. F#2 !

If you turn off the R3 voice then R1 and R2 will play from F#2 up to the top of the keyboard (assuming that they are turned on of course)!

So you need to work out what you are wanting to achieve and set the Right3 split point accordingly.

Split point settings are explained on page 49 of the English version of the 'Genos Owner's Manual'.

Regards

Ian

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 11:14:50 AM »
Hi Helge,
  To prevent registrations altering your split points and causing voices not to sound make sure your split point is where you want it and then go to utility and select parameter lock and put a tick in it. This will stop other registrations changing it. Also check that on line out all ticks are in the Main section.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 05:06:54 PM »
Hi,
I'm at a loss and hope someone here knows what is going on.
I use primarily registrations when I play.
Strange thing is that R1 voice goes dead for no reason, to me at least.
When I Factory reset System all R1,2&3 voices are fine.
When I then load a registration only R2 and R3 voices can be heard, even tho R1 lights up and I know there is an instrument assigned.
I have split set for Style/Left F2 and R3 at G2.
I assume there may possibly be an issue with some registration files and I use YRM trying to figure out why this happens, but no clue as to what is going on.
Any suggestion is highly appreciated because this is driving me nuts here. :(

Thank you in advance.

Helge
I have the same problem on one registration switch.
I have a rendition with 10 registrations and a registration sequence. Only one registration switch is concerned, always at the same place in the sequence although the faulty registration is used several times.

Although it is not possible to associate R1 with a split position on Genos, after "the faulty registration switch", the R1 sound sometimes only appears when I play on the keyboard over a specific note. The issue only happens around once every 5 times, and only here.

The same issue doesn't appear anywhere else on my Genos although I use split feature a lot.

Soundphase

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 05:59:58 PM »
If you bring up the split point screen and then press your registration buttons one by one you will see what the split point is set to. At default it should be Style F2 Left F2 and Right 3 F#2.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 08:26:29 AM »
Soundphase, bear in mind that while the main split points are part of the Style Group the R3 split point is not, it is part of the voice group. So it is possible for a registration to lead to variable results in the relative positions of the split points depending on how it is used or saved. For example I have found registrations which change the combined split points perfectly in normal use (eg. R3 point stays tightly against the main points). But if I have the freeze button on I get a gap because the R3 point has been set to move up, but the main does not follow it because freezing the style also freezes the main to its previous position.
Similarly you can imagine a situation where you save an "identical" reg set up more than once,  but on one occasion style is ticked to memorise and in the later saving style may not be ticked. The former reg will set the split points as you expect, but the latter (which you might have expected to do the same) may not.
As Eileen suggested the quick way to check it out is to look at the screen picture of the keyboard while you go through the various registration sequences.
John
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 10:28:45 AM by jwyvern »

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 06:18:41 PM »
In my case, the R1 sound isn’t present until I play one « high » note on the keyboard,..., but continues to be heard then (normally) for the notes below.

Offline andyg

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 09:39:42 PM »
I think the defaults are F#2, F#2, G2, same as all the other keyboards. If you're planning on using AI Fingered mode, then consider setting them to G2, G2, Ab2 which will allow the very common G/B chord to played in its 'normal' position in relation to other chords. Unless, of course, you play all your chords lower down anyway!
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com