Author Topic: foot pedal  (Read 3248 times)

alfonata

foot pedal
« on: December 02, 2018, 09:38:52 AM »
Can I  control the  audio songvolume  with  the  foot pedal ?

Offline EileenL

Re: foot pedal
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 12:04:52 PM »
Not to my knowledge but it is easily controlled by the slider.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 01:59:26 PM »
Eileen, I find the sliders don't work like sliders on a mixer. The Genos sliders need to be "activated" before they'll change a setting. That is, you need to move them a fair amount before they change a parameter. By the time you move them, you may have over or under shot the original setting by too much or too little. VERY annoying!

I just finished a big Christmas show last night - over 400 people. I was the primary musician with my Genos, backing seven singers. I was using the Multipads and found them a little soft during a song. When I tried moving them up a bit, the lag caused me to overshoot the desired volume. I then had to bring them back down very fast. It was only for a split second, but very annoying! Try getting that right while playing live!

I wish we could set them so they would just move when we move the slider, just like on a mixer. Don't know why Yamaha chose such a stupid architecture! I submit that using the sliders to change the Song volume would be cumbersome and very dangerous at best.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 03:33:48 PM »
Hi

Found this at Yamaha Denmark: https://dk.yamaha.com/da/products/music_production/accessories/fc7/index.html

Probably available in other markets too.

I used to have one. Worked like an oldfashioned volume pedal at Hammonds etc.

Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 04:58:20 PM »
I have had my Fc7 pedal for years but there is no provision to set Audio volume to it.

alfonata

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 05:34:14 PM »
hi  Eileen

I use  also  a Fc7  pedal but  the  volume of the audio file must change at the  same time with the  same amount. I  can not  do it with  te slider .

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 09:53:56 PM »
Eileen, if the Audio volume is set correctly in the Genos mixer, can't Alfonata use the FC7 pedal to control the overall output of the Audio volume and Accompaniment volume ratio - or did I miss something here? If the Audio volume is all over the map, then it needs to be fixed before we ask the Yamaha engineers to design a dedicated Audio out jack that can be controlled with a pedal :). That's how I would do it - make sure the Audio output is fairly steady.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.