Author Topic: Can we add effect in multipad on psr s975?  (Read 20268 times)

Samson

Can we add effect in multipad on psr s975?
« on: November 30, 2018, 08:07:08 AM »
I have psr s970, I was trying to add effects like delay, chorus, flanger in multipad but it is not working except effects in Reverb BLOCK. So if anyone tried this in psr s975, can we add delay, phaser and other effects in multipad? I think both s970 and s975 use same firmware.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 08:08:30 AM by Samson »

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Can we add effect in multipad on psr s975?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 09:04:18 AM »
DSP on multi pads isn't quite possible. There is one method which is not effective enough,

I would like to make a few things clear first, effect for the multi pads can be taken from DSP1

FIRST SELECT THE MULTIPLE THAT YOU WANT TO CHANGE
The next step , head over to functions and select multipad creator
After doing that go to step edit you can edit the Multipad. 
Insert control 94 and enter the value for the DSP,
Do note this is style DSP

Hence is not quite effective
regards Norman
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Samson

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 09:25:42 AM »
Thank you for your reply. That means no effect in multipad on psr s970 or s975. Yamaha had assigned Reverb and Chorus BLOCK for multipad, Reverb works on multipad but Chorus BLOCK doesn't work. I hope that Yamaha will fix that in next firmware update.

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 10:26:13 AM »
Thank you for your reply. That means no effect in multipad on psr s970 or s975. Yamaha had assigned Reverb and Chorus BLOCK for multipad, Reverb works on multipad but Chorus BLOCK doesn't work. I hope that Yamaha will fix that in next firmware update.
It has Chorus. 
You'll need to Adjust the Levels from the Mixing Console.
Regards Norman!
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 09:13:54 PM »
As mentioned by Norman, you will need to increase the reverb and chorus sends for the multi pads in the mixer. If that does not work, specially for the chorus, try going into multipad creator (after selecting the multipad that you want to add effects to) , navigate to step edit tab and increase the reverb and chorus sends for each of the 4 multipads.

I wanted to add effects like delay to a particular multipad, but increasing the send in the mixer did not work, so I thought this was a bug or some issue with multipads - totally frustrating. Luckily I found this thread and as one of the earlier replies said that we could add a DSP by going into step edit, I tried the same for chorus :)... the multipad sounds amazing now.

Thanks for your help guys, the PSR S 970 is a total beast  :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 09:16:51 PM by samson8884 »
PSS480, PSS290, PSR630, PSR3000, MOX6, Current: PSR S970 + PSR SX600 + Casio CTK-240

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 01:46:51 PM »
I hope that Yamaha will fix that in next firmware update.

That would be nice, but this isn't a "bug" in the firmware - it's a feature that has never been present in the S-series, Tyros, or Genos. So I wouldn't hold out much hope!
Genos

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 07:27:06 PM »
Can't you make a midi file of the sequence you want using an insert DSP on the voice. Then convert the midi to a pad using Padmaker Midi? I seem to recall doing this on Tyros4 back in the day.

John