Author Topic: Soundpacks for YEM  (Read 3358 times)

Mike2

Soundpacks for YEM
« on: November 29, 2018, 07:59:47 PM »
Has anyone purchased any packs for the Genos or Tyros 5 from Soundpacks?  I purchased, buy 2 get one free. which they were advertising. The Epic Strings, were great. The Christmas pack I bought, with some other registrations, is pretty poor quality as far as my ears go. Even getting one free isn't worth the money. They actually average what both cost, and you get it for that amount. Like if one cost $80.00 and the other is $40.00, you get both for $60.00. Very disappointed, and wondering if anyone else, had purchased anything from them.

Offline EileenL

Re: Soundpacks for YEM
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 10:24:58 AM »
If you need packs you are much better sticking with Yamaha packs as they are top quality and there Church and Christmas one is really good. I have heard several people have not been satisfied with Soundpacks. I tried them once on a friends keyboard and did not like most of them.
  As for strings you have so many to choose from on Genos that you can tweak to your own liking.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 03:00:49 PM »
Hi

I do not rate Soundpacks
Heidruns tweaks are better
For Orchestra sounds learn how to tweak them.

Best soundpacks that I have heard Is from  Easysounds

All a matter of personal choice though.

ATB
JOHN
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Mike2

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 03:21:15 PM »
Like I mentioned before, I play quite a bit of liturgical music, and organ is not very famous. I did buy the Epic strings, and I haven't had strings that sound that good ever. I have 5 strings voices, mostly use two of them the SP Mantovina, and the SP Last Strings. Using these with the Harmony on, set to Octave, really adds. Or if I use both Right 1 for Mantovina and Right 2 for Mantovina drop it one octave, and it sounds very good. I have tried tweeking all the strings on the Genos, and the ones from the T-5, and can't come close. But it's all in what one likes.

Thanks, I'll take a look at easy sounds.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 07:00:36 PM »
Hi Mike2,

on Peter Schips' website "cms-sounddesign.de" you can find many free Expansion Voices (.ppf format). There are, among others, some good strings and church organ voices:

http://cms-sounddesign.de/page101.html

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)