Author Topic: DGX 660 and Tyros 1  (Read 6053 times)

Bouncingogre

DGX 660 and Tyros 1
« on: November 27, 2018, 06:40:26 AM »
Hi

As a new member 72 years young, and retired I have had my DGX660 for about 18 months, and have just bought an almost mint Tyros 1.
My plan is, at some time in the future to play for small community based groups.
I'm hoping to be doing some arranging and composing on the Tyros, and look forward to finding out all about this and hopefully contributing in due course.
The DGX660 is a lovely instrument, and I have found a lot of Yamaha styles that increase it's already very capable repertoire.
It's essential that any files are downloaded into the "USER" files folder of the DGX otherwise they won't show. Formatting the USB/PEN/STICK/MEMORY STICK whatever you call it, has to be formatted on the DSG so maybe that will help some other DSG owners.
I've tried this direct from PC and no files show, so maybe worth another try if you've unsuccessfully tried to load 3rd party files previously.

The following users thanked this post: vbdx66

SeaGtGruff

Re: DGX 660 and Tyros 1
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 04:33:12 PM »
Welcome to the forums, and thank you for your helpful comments! :)

Bouncingogre

Re: DGX 660 and Tyros 1
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 07:35:01 PM »
Just to update here, I have now sold the DGX660 and now just have the Tyros.
The DGX660 is a very, very good piano, but support from Yamaha for the DGX range is pretty well non existent, and for such a new instrument, that's inexcusable.
The Tyros fits my needs better at this time, but I certainly won't be considering the Genos, as it apparently has some glaringly missing audio/usb issues that are now coming to light that make it pretty well unsaleable as a professional arranger instrument. I'd expect a LOT more for that kind of money.

I'd certainly buy a Tyros 6 though.....