Author Topic: Lost Old Registration after loading Expansion Pack  (Read 3835 times)

AlexPeloco

Lost Old Registration after loading Expansion Pack
« on: November 23, 2018, 11:11:29 PM »
Hi there,

I downloaded and installed an expansion pack for the S975, and that erased/messed up my old Registrations.  What can I do to get around this problem?
Thanks!

Offline EileenL

Re: Lost Old Registration after loading Expansion Pack
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 11:43:29 PM »
Had your old registrations been made with voices of a  pack you had in before. If so you will need to load that pack back to restore your registrations. Then make  an install pack containing both packs via YEM.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 12:27:53 AM »
Hi there,

I downloaded and installed an expansion pack for the S975, and that erased/messed up my old Registrations.  What can I do to get around this problem?
Thanks!

If the "old" registrations were part of an expansion pack that got erased... as Eileen has said, then they won't work anymore if the expansion pack has been removed. Registrations that come with an expansion pack are intended ONLY for the pack that they came with and will NOT work with other packs.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

AlexPeloco

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 09:38:31 PM »
Had your old registrations been made with voices of a  pack you had in before. If so you will need to load that pack back to restore your registrations. Then make  an install pack containing both packs via YEM.
[/quote

Thanks Eileen.  Can you tell me what YEM means?  Thanks!

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 10:32:11 PM »
YEN stands for Yamaha Expansion Manager. You need it to install new expansion packs on tour keyboard😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page