Author Topic: Genos Fills  (Read 4034 times)

Offline acparker

Genos Fills
« on: November 22, 2018, 09:06:02 PM »
Is it just me, or are the self fill and the fill break rather subdued on the Genos?  On my old Tyros 3, it was pretty clear when a fill or a break took place, but on the Genos when I trigger them, either nothing seems to happen (except the flashing light, which shows that it did indeed trigger), or it is a very subtle change.  Unless I remember to hit the fill on exactly beat one.  In that case, it is obvious, but if it is beat two, three or four -- nothing.

Adam

Offline EileenL

Re: Genos Fills
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 02:50:26 PM »
To get the proper effect you must trigger on the first beat of the bar. Have you tried your Tyros 3 styles in your Genos. They work very well.

Offline acparker

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 08:42:48 PM »
Hello, Eileen.

Thank you for the advice.  I don't recall it being quite so necessary on the Tyros 3, that's all.  I'll just have to re-learn the muscle memory in my foot which currently gravitates to beat three.

As for using trying the T3 styles?  Actually no, I haven't.  Before getting the Genos I made sure that I had the T5 styles ready, thinking that they would naturally be better given the advancement of time and technology.  I'm not going to get a chance to really look in to that right now though, as I have my head down trying to get ready for my first ever Christmas Concert in just under a month.

Cheers!

Adam

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 11:25:16 PM »
I agree with you, Adam. I think the Genos style fills are more subtle.

While I understand the value of triggering the fill on beat 1, many times it's not possible (when, for example, you need to hold the note past beat 1).

When we get seamless sound switching, maybe then we can always switch on note 1. Until then, we'll need to make do with what we have, or create user styles with more pronounced fills.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Yinon

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 02:01:38 PM »
Hi All,

Where can I get the T3 styles?

Thanks

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 02:35:48 PM »
... Where can I get the T3 styles?...

Hi Yinon,

click on the following link and then on each Style Category name (e. g. BALLAD) to download the Styles as a zip file: :)

http://psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/Tyros3/tyros_3.html

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 02:41:19 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)