Author Topic: reset the beats in the middle of a bar?  (Read 2516 times)

feivi18

reset the beats in the middle of a bar?
« on: November 20, 2018, 03:22:55 AM »
Hello all,

I just composed a song using a 4/4 style. I sing the low part twice, with the A and B variations, and then go into C variation for the high part.

My problem is that my song calls for prolonging the last note of the low part - the 2nd time, when transitioning into the high part. So what happens is that I now start the high part on the third beat of the bar.It's messing up my auto fill in when starting the high part, and then again when I finish the high part and want to repeat the low part for a second round.

Is there any way, any button, which allows me to "reset" a bar to its first beat while I'm playing? So that instead of being beat 3, it becomes beat 1, and I can then press my C variation and get my auto fill in in the right place?

Hoping for a solution...Thanks in advance!

Offline DrakeM

Re: reset the beats in the middle of a bar?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 04:02:15 AM »
When you are singing the 2nd time and holding the note, use an ending maybe. That way you can hold your note as long as you need.

You can also use the 3 finger stop method to stop the style and then restart it when you want to begin it again.

I ran into this issue with the song I just posted "These Boots Are Mad For Walking" which is in the SONG section of the forum. I used the second method to solve the problem.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 12:55:43 PM by DrakeM »

Offline Fred Smith

Re: reset the beats in the middle of a bar?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 04:22:12 AM »
Is there any way, any button, which allows me to "reset" a bar to its first beat while I'm playing? So that instead of being beat 3, it becomes beat 1, and I can then press my C variation and get my auto fill in in the right place?

Yes. Press the SyncStart button.

However, based on your description, it sounds to me like you have a 2/4 fill. If so, you can use Jorgen's utility to create a user style with a half bar fill. available here: http://www.psrtutorial.com/util/sorensonStyle.html

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons