Author Topic: how to save "date" on recorded songs  (Read 6844 times)

how to save "date" on recorded songs
« on: November 18, 2018, 11:29:07 PM »
I think this is probably a stupid question, but I realize all the song files I've saved have default dates attached to when they were saved (Tyros 5 and date is 2013 I think), but I'm guessing somewhere in the owner set up.. or some other place this is a date/clock place that may save these files so I'd know which is the latest version if the titles are similar? Also, when I name a file (say 2-3 of the same title but with additional qualifier like " Country version" or "Swing vs" etc... the title is too long to see in the regular listing. Is there a way to view the full titles? Thanks always for being such a wonderful group, resource and helpful group I enjoy reading most every day! Best, John

Offline DrakeM

Re: how to save "date" on recorded songs
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 01:45:22 AM »
I don't know about the date. But to see the full name, you just click on the RENAME option and you will see the full name.

The following users thanked this post: JohnStarbuck

Offline Bruce Breen

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 02:27:06 AM »
And based on what Drake has said, you could put the date in the title...?
Bruce Breen
playing a PSR-S950, PSR-2100 & Piano Accordion

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 03:20:34 AM »
I think this is probably a stupid question, but I realize all the song files I've saved have default dates attached to when they were saved (Tyros 5 and date is 2013 I think), but I'm guessing somewhere in the owner set up.. or some other place this is a date/clock place that may save these files so I'd know which is the latest version if the titles are similar? Also, when I name a file (say 2-3 of the same title but with additional qualifier like " Country version" or "Swing vs" etc... the title is too long to see in the regular listing. Is there a way to view the full titles? Thanks always for being such a wonderful group, resource and helpful group I enjoy reading most every day! Best, John

Only the Genos has file dates. All Tyros keyboards have a (useless) default file date, which is around the time the keyboard was released.

On the Tyros, you can see more of the song title in List view. Try that.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 03:29:37 AM »
... I realize all the song files I've saved have default dates attached to when they were saved (Tyros 5 and date is 2013 I think), but I'm guessing somewhere in the owner set up.. or some other place this is a date/clock place that may save these files so I'd know which is the latest version if the titles are similar? Also, when I name a file (say 2-3 of the same title but with additional qualifier like " Country version" or "Swing vs" etc... the title is too long to see in the regular listing. Is there a way to view the full titles? ...

Hi John,

first, please go to "[Function] ---> [Utility] ---> Tab CONFIG 1" and set the parameter "TIME STAMP" to "SHOW" there. Now, in all File Selection displays the "Updated Date" and the "Updated Time" are shown. (Please refer also to Tyros5 Reference Manual, page 128.)

BUT: Tyros5 has NO internal CLOCK! This means, the T5 must be connected  to your local DSL Router (via the included USB Wi-Fi stick), to get the current Time from your local network or the internet.

To connect the T5 to a Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) network (using "Infrastructure Mode"), please refer to pages 144 to 146 in Reference Manual. If the Time which is shown in the Main Display (in the upper right corner) should be not correct, refer to page 147 in Ref Manual ("Setting Time Zone").

When you have done ALL these things, the files you SAVE or RE-SAVE will have the current Time Stamp.

But I want to be honest: I do NOT use this "Time Stamp" feature, because the effort ist too big for me. ;)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 03:41:03 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Joe W, JohnStarbuck

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 03:30:16 PM »
THANK EACH and EVERY ONE of you for your trouble and expertise. All the posts were useful and helpful!!!  NOW for me to go and DO it!
I'm thankful for many things... you all are on the list.
Best,
John