Author Topic: Can a Different Reg Be Assigned to Each of the Ten Reg Buttons?  (Read 11788 times)

Offline Bob88

Can a Different Reg Be Assigned to Each of the Ten Reg Buttons?
« on: November 16, 2018, 11:20:12 PM »
   I   have a registration  I created on my Genos that presently includes four Beatles tunes.  On 1,2,3 and 4 I have styles for  four  Beatles songs, one for each of the 4 numbers.  The  folder is named Beatles which I opens on button  1.  I really want to create a reg for each individual song in the location they are now so that each number 1,2,3 and 4 are individual  registrations. Is this possible? If so I would like to know how.  Thank you. Bob

Offline EileenL

Re: Can a Different Reg Be Assigned to Each of the Ten Reg Buttons?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 11:42:07 AM »
Hi Bob,
  Not quite sure of your Question but if you want to save each of the ten buttons in a registration bank so that each one has a different style then firstly make sure you have Style and Tempo ticked in memory button. Press the first button and load your style. Set up your voices and anything else such as Multi pads and pedal actions. Now save to that registration button. Do the same to the other buttons. When you are happy with it then save and Name the registration. Remember though that if you have used third party styles for this never move or delete them or the registration won't find them.

Offline Bob88

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 02:09:54 PM »
  Thank you Eileen.  I have a knack of asking confusing questions.   I will try to be more explicit .  What I was trying to ask was - Is it possible to create  a registration
for each of the ten buttons ?   I'm assuming no.  Anyway your reply is helpful and  appreciated.
Regards, Bob

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 03:23:28 PM »
  Thank you Eileen.  I have a knack of asking confusing questions.   I will try to be more explicit .  What I was trying to ask was - Is it possible to create  a registration
for each of the ten buttons ?   I'm assuming no.  Anyway your reply is helpful and  appreciated.
Regards, Bob

Eileen was very explicit. As she already said, YES, you can save for each of 10 registration in a bank, 10 different melodies (songs), which means, different styles, different voices, etc.
I personally use this way of working with Tyros5 and Genos, because I don't need more than 4 different group of voices (which I can switch by pressing OTS buttons).
But, in this case, this approach can "damage" your future work with Yamaha arrangers (it will tell you others :) ), so I will recommend use one song for one BANK. Use first registration to change style/mid by ticking on Style/Voice/Tempo/Transpose and other viral options in memory screen before saving registration memory. For the next 9 registrations, untick Style/Song/Transpose/Tempo and other settings you don't want to change from the base registration, reg1.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Bob88

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 12:16:57 AM »
  Thank you Vali. I'm able to accomplish my goal now.  Regards, Bob

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 04:23:00 AM »
I don't quite understand,
But is it possible to have one of the Registration Button to trigger a Bank??
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 04:37:21 AM »

No.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 05:31:20 AM »
I don't quite understand,

Hi Norman,

you would like to select a different Registration BANK, when pressing a Registration button of the current Bank? What would that be good for?

Instead of it, you can use the "REGIST BANK +" button, to select the next Reg Bank (in alphabetical order) in the current Reg folder.

Example:

To make a Medley, you can use one separate Reg Bank for each Song. Put all these Bank files into one folder and name the Bank files as follows:

010 First song of the medley
020 Second song name
030 Third song name

To play the Medley, select the first Reg Bank (010) and start with Reg button 1. To jump to the next song (020) then, press "REGIST BANK +", and at the "right" time press Reg button 1 (and so on).

If you want to add an additional song (Reg Bank) later, simply use a number that brings the new Bank to the right position:

010 First song of the medley
015 Additional song
020 Second song name
030 Third song name

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline valimaties

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 12:28:46 PM »
I don't think is so difficult to understand.

Chris, detailed the way to use registrations as "One Registration BANK for a song" (and he detailed this way, I don't write about it)

I, (and other users not only me) use Registration Bank to store 10 different songs (song=melody NOT songs meaning as files - wav, mp3).
My registration banks have generic names (as "Dance 1", "Dance 2", "Ethnic", etc). I select one of them and I press assignable button A (I set it to open Regist Info screen). In this page I see now 10 songs:
Regist 1: My song 1
Regist 2: My Song 2
Regist 10 : My Song 10

For each style I set all OTSs with different voices I want to use on that style. OTSs are like Registration Memory little brothers :) The only difference is OTSs are stored in style file.
In this way, I can use Playlist function to create playlists and for 10 different records in playlist I will load the same registration bank file, but I will tick different registrations to be active on Auto Load function.

I don't use midi files, so this approach does not harmful my work, but if you use midi files I don't recommend to use this approach, because you cannot use OTSs for changing voices. OTSs will trigger Synchro Start button automatically, which is not good when you play a midi file. So you have to use registration memory to save different voices combination, which mean you will have to use One registration bank for one song.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Bob88

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 03:12:04 PM »
 Thanks to all for the additonal feedback. Bob

Offline Joe H

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 04:57:40 PM »
   I   have a registration  I created on my Genos that presently includes four Beatles tunes.  On 1,2,3 and 4 I have styles for  four  Beatles songs, one for each of the 4 numbers.  The  folder is named Beatles which I opens on button  1.  I really want to create a reg for each individual song in the location they are now so that each number 1,2,3 and 4 are individual  registrations. Is this possible? If so I would like to know how.  Thank you. Bob

Bob,

The answer is really quite simple... YES!

Each registration button holds one (1) registration.  So... there are 10 registrations in a Registration Bank on the Genos.

When you save registrations you are saving the entire Registration Bank... even if all 10 buttons are not used.

Hope this helps clarify things a bit.

Joe H

Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Bob88

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 11:49:00 PM »
  Thank you Joe. Your concise   reply is appreciated.  Bob