Author Topic: Can't Get MultiPad to Work with Registrations  (Read 8607 times)

Offline dh110953

Can't Get MultiPad to Work with Registrations
« on: November 13, 2018, 10:15:43 PM »
I have the Genos and now starting to save a single Registration Bank for a song. I am setting up registration buttons to get the effects I want in the song,. In one of the buttons I want to have the a Multi Pad start so this come into effect once I select that button. So, I select the settings, voice, style etc and also select the Multi Pad I want (so it is playing and Multi Pad button on) I then go to Press Memory and the Registration Button to save the settings to but when I then play the song and select the registration button which I had supposed to have assigned the Multi Pad the Multi Pad does not start. I have also tried this with the Syncho Start button on the Multi Pads selected and this too does not work. I have verified that the memory save settings and the check box for Muti Pads is checked. What could I be missing that is preventing the Multi Pad(s) to start in the selection of a registration. There must be a way to do this as I have seen post on stopping multi pads. I am at the latest firmware update on the Genos v1.3.

Thanks

David
Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.

Offline overover

Re: Can't Get MultiPad to Work with Registrations
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 10:52:03 PM »
Hi David,

please refer to Genos Owner's Manual, page 71:

If one or more Multi Pad buttons are set to Sync Start standby status, you have to play a new chord in the chord section (left hand). Then the Multi Pad(s) will start (at the top of the NEXT measure). Simply pressing a Reg Memory button does NOT start Multi Pads immediately.

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:01:35 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 11:25:47 AM »
What Chris said...this is a good thing.  Wouldn’t want the multi-pad to change in the middle of a phrase.
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline dh110953

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 12:15:07 PM »
Thanks Chris. I had read the manual but was still struggling. BUT, I have working it out now and realise that when I selected the Multi Pad and pressed the Synch Start button I was doing this wrong, I had forgot to ensure the Mutlti Pad button(s) were flashing before saving to the registration. Got there in the end...I was starting to think it was not possible so your reply reconfirmed that it was possible. I was obviously having a muppet moment. (I refuse to call them senior moments)

Many Thanks Again

David

8)
Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 08:45:01 PM »
Hi David

thanks for your detailed Feedback! :)

I'm glad that it works now!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)