Author Topic: One / Two fingered chord NO accompaniment  (Read 8549 times)

Offline shezza

One / Two fingered chord NO accompaniment
« on: November 13, 2018, 12:47:18 PM »
Hi all does a keyboard exist that would allow single or two fingered chords to be played without auto accompaniment.
So I could pick any voice and play chords?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: One / Two fingered chord NO accompaniment
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 02:24:31 PM »
Hi all does a keyboard exist that would allow single or two fingered chords to be played without auto accompaniment.
So I could pick any voice and play chords?

If, as you say, you don't want auto accompaniment, then just turn the ACMP button off.

But, if you actually want accompaniment, but with no sound, then just turn the style volume down to zero.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 05:13:46 PM »
I think your question was - does a keyboard exist ....
The answer is that almost any instrument with accompaniment can turn the accompaniment off.
But if you turn the accompaniment off then you generally will get only the notes you play. If you are expecting the keyboard to play a full chord from your two notes, when accompaniment is switched off, then I am not sure what keyboards do that. And what do you mean by 'play a chord'? Do you mean a left hand chord?? And will you be playing melody notes ??
I don't think its that clear what you are trying to do, so maybe you can explain more fully.
Mike

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 05:22:30 PM »
Check out the "Smart Chord" function available on Yamaha pianos like DGX-660. It also has "Performance Assistant Technology". Maybe one of those two functions will give you what you want?

Edit: I forgot to mention one more thing: there are "Freeplay" styles available for Yamahas that have no rhythmic component and can be played as slow or as fast as you like.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 05:31:48 PM by 2112 »

Offline voodoo

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 10:22:15 AM »
Perhaps you are looking fro FreePlay styles. The play chords, but no rhythm.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D