Author Topic: SONG PLAYER AUDIO IMPORT  (Read 22760 times)

Offline dawn68

SONG PLAYER AUDIO IMPORT
« on: November 12, 2018, 07:05:56 PM »
Have tried to import both audio & wav file to song player on Genos  & in both cases it says "This data format is not supported"  I downloaded a track from a CD & imported the Wav file into Audacity & exported it as an Audio file & this was the reply, anyone tried this or has anyone the answer please?

Offline zionip

Re: SONG PLAYER AUDIO IMPORT
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 08:32:56 PM »
Hi dawn68,

According to Genos owner's manual specifications (p. 123), the supported playback audio formats are:
Format Playback WAV (44.1kHz, 16bit, stereo), MP3 (44.1kHz, 64/96/128/256/320kbps, stereo)

Download link of Genos owner's manual:
https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/1202647/genos_en_om_d0_text.zip

When you exported your audio files from Audacity, did you use 44.1kHz and 16bit stereo format?

Thanks,
Paul

Offline dawn68

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 08:41:59 PM »
Hi Paul, When I converted the instruction said to change the number in the left hand bottom corner to 8000 (& I have no idea what that meant) then export either audio or whichever format I wanted. Thanks for your reply

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 11:05:16 PM »
They are WAV files on Genos but you must have the right format for them which is what Paul has told you.

Offline dawn68

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 08:42:48 AM »
Thanks Eileen will have another look at it today & if I manage I want to use the time stretch facility, thanks again.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 09:40:52 AM »
Hi
Get a program like NERO and then you can rip cds to WAVE file and that's It.

All the best
John
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline dawn68

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 10:36:05 AM »
Thanks John I have ripped all my cd's through windows media player which then are mp3's & I put one of those into audacity to change it to wav & then tried audio but will have another try today when I get time, thanks a lot.

Offline dawn68

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 12:10:03 PM »
Have managed to play an MP3 & the time stretch works with that so will make do with it for the time being as I tried exporting Wav in the format Paul told me-that being in 16bit & 44.1khz but got the same answer-format not supported, will persevere though, thanks for all the help.

Online jwyvern

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 12:17:09 PM »
Thanks John I have ripped all my cd's through windows media player which then are mp3's & I put one of those into audacity to change it to wav & then tried audio but will have another try today when I get time, thanks a lot.
You should not need to convert to wav as it is unlikely you will hear a quality benefit beyond that of the original cd and because Genos will play mp3's as long as they meet one of the requirements in Paul's post.

John
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:21:51 PM by jwyvern »

Offline dawn68

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 12:50:25 PM »
Hi John, Think it was the fact that I wasn't aware I could play mp3's on Genos or Tyros for that matter as I've never used it before,  my mistake but as I still have my Tyros 5 I thought I would try the wav files on there & it seems to be only two of the wav files aren't supported the other two are fine  so perhaps I've downloaded them wrongly. Many thanks for the reply.

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 01:15:28 PM »
Hi dawn68,

the Wave files must be 44.1 kHz / 16-bit / STEREO, because MONO files are not supported.

In case of doubt, please check the Properties of that Wave files, to make shure that they are STEREO.

P.S.
It does not really make sense to convert compressed Audio files (like MP3s) to Wave (uncompressed), because the Audio quality will not be better.

To have a better Audio quality, you have to "rip" a CD directly to Wave format. I use the (relatively old, but good) PC program "Audio Grabber" for this. It can "rip" either to MP3 (several Qualities with fixed or variable bit rate) OR directly to a Wave file.

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 01:18:13 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline dawn68

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 04:22:34 PM »
Thanks for this info Chris will have to check these again. Will look up the Audio grabber, thanks for this.

Offline overover

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 05:38:46 PM »
Thanks for this info Chris will have to check these again. Will look up the Audio grabber, thanks for this.

Hi dawn68,

you can download "Audiograbber" here:

https://www.audiograbber.org/

Please, first click on the green button "Download Audiograbber 1.83 SE" and then on "Download now" button to download the program installer.

Then click on the link "Download Audiograbber MP3-Plugin" and then on "Download now" button to download the plugin installer.

Now double-click the downloaded file "download-audiograbber.exe" to install the program.

Then double-cllick "download-audiograbber-mp3plugin.exe" to install the MP3 plugin.

Very important: This software is "Ad supported"! So that no unwanted software is installed on your PC, please click on the button I marked RED, during the TWO installation operations:

(The image is from German version ... ;))

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 08:04:15 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline dawn68

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 06:29:28 PM »
Thankyou Chris for this link.

Offline pjd

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 06:48:49 PM »
The Wave files must be 44.1 kHz / 16-bit / STEREO, because MONO files are not supported.

In case of doubt, please check the Properties of that Wave files, to make sure that they are STEREO.

Good advice from Chris. I've been burned by this soooooooo many times, including export from Cubase.  :o :-[

-- pj

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 02:50:35 PM »
Format Factory :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox