PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-S970/S770/S670 (SFF2)

The S970 and External monitor.

(1/4) > >>

Toril S:
Hello friends! I have extremely poor vision, and want to use an external monitor with my S970, but NOT for PDFs lyrics or sheet music! I just want a big, blown up replica of all the screens in the menus of the keyboard, style selection menu, voice selection, functions and so on. I have also looked at an exiting alternative, electronic glasses called e-Sight. These can be connected to the HDMI output of e.g. a laptop, and the image of the screen will then show up on two screens inside these glasses. That way I could sit at my keyboard, look at the screen through these glasses (looks like VR gear) and will not have to stoop down all the time to look at the screen. But when I asked my dealer if the S970 could be connected to an external device such as this, or a monitor, they said no. It is only for reading lyrics and so on. But i think I read something on this forum about that it is possible. Another solution for me that I am thinking of is buying a lightning to HDMI adapter and using my iPad with my S970. That way I could have the screen of the iPad even closer without blocking the wiev to the audience. Again the store said no, but I amagine I have read yes on this forum. Or is it just wishful thinking? Oh, sorry, this post became rather long!

2112:

--- Quote from: Toril S on November 11, 2018, 10:43:11 PM ---But when I asked my dealer if the S970 could be connected to an external device such as this, or a monitor, they said no. It is only for reading lyrics and so on.

--- End quote ---
Have you actually tried that? The manual says:

--- Quote ---you can have the lyrics, text and display of the instrument’s LCD shown on the monitor.

--- End quote ---
And I've seen some PSR-S??? machine connected in such a way, but I don't recall the exact model number.

Toril S:
Thanks 2112! I will have to try it when I get it back from repair.

tyrosaurus:
Hi Toril

Your dealer is wrong!  ::)

If you look at the section 'Connecting an External Monitor ([RGB OUT] terminal) (PSR-S970)' on page 99 of the English version of the PSR-S970 Owner's Manual, you will see that you can set the output of the RGB video to show either 'Lyrics/Text' or 'LCD' (keyboard's internal LCD screen).

To set the 'Display Out' press FUNCTION > Tab to MENU 1 > UTILITY > TAB to CONFIG 2.

Select Option1 : Speaker/Display Out, and the display will show the settings for Display Out at the bottom of the screen above the #5 & 6 button pairs.

Make sure that any monitor that you use has a suitable RGB input (eg VGA), or you will need to buy an adaptor/converter!

Finally I don't think that your proposed connection to an iPad would work, since as far as I know the video signal is not available via USB!

Regards

Ian

Toril S:
That is good news. Thanks Ian!😀

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version