Author Topic: PSR910 Reverb & Vocal harmony stopped working  (Read 8176 times)

Offline Terry

PSR910 Reverb & Vocal harmony stopped working
« on: August 22, 2018, 12:29:26 AM »
On my last gig, the vocal reverb and harmony didn't work. The display shows the proper settings,  but the reverb and harmony are gone from the audio.  All else seems to be working fine enough to finish the gig. My previous shows had no problems.  Probably something came loose during transporting the PSR 910. Or maybe I have to do a factory reset.

Has anyone had a similar experience and a fix.  Does anyone know which printed circuit board controls this function. I have replaced boards and display in my S900 so I have experience. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline travlin-easy

Re: PSR910 Reverb & Vocal harmony stopped working
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 01:29:34 AM »
Terry, check the mic settings and make sure that somehow the talk feature has not been inadvertently activated. This happened to me once, and had the same effect - no vocal harmony - no reverb.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline Terry

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 07:49:14 PM »
 I called Yamaha tech support, no help. I called local Yamaha repair, no help but would evaluate problem for $50 but also said keyboard was too old for most parts. 

Gary, you are a lifesaver.  I have been performing with the S910 for 7 years and never realized (Duh!!) that the talk button overrides my registration settings. You  Fixed the problem.  Now I just have to re solder the loose PC board power and ext speaker jacks and I'll be good to go. (gotta quit droppin' the darn thing)

Thanks again

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 08:01:31 PM »
Terry! Drop tests on keyboards are not recommanded😀😀 Glad your problem is solved!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 01:04:38 AM »
Glad I was able to help,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...