Author Topic: T5 Expansion pack Questions  (Read 10264 times)

beykock

T5 Expansion pack Questions
« on: November 09, 2018, 11:28:29 AM »
Hi Guys,

I have absolutely no experience how to load, install, play and record these Expansion packs in my T5.

Is there a step by step instruction sheet available ?
If so, where can I find it ?

Your help is most welcome. Thanks !😀
Babette, the Grateful

Offline EileenL

Re: T5 Expansion pack Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 04:47:04 PM »
Firstly you need the YEM programme installed on your computer. You input your keyboards ID number into it.
 You are now ready to import your packs into it. You can then make an install pack and save to USB or load wirelessly into your Tyros 5. Press the expansion button on your Tyros and you can then see the packs and use them the same as you would on board sounds and styles and use them in your registrations etc.

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 05:11:38 PM »
Hi Babette,

first of all, you should download the "Yamaha Expansion Manager Owner's Manual" from the Tyros5 download site:

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/tyros5/downloads.html#product-tabs

On this website you will also find all other relevant downloads for Tyros5 (e. g. the YEM software program and the YEM Installation Guide).

You can also look on Youtube for infos about using the YEM:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=yamaha+yem%7C%22expansion+manager%22

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 05:14:19 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

beykock

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 08:00:02 PM »
I would like to thank Eileen and Chris for their fast reply and their very rich explanation that will help me a lot to start with this new ( for me ) exciting challenge.👍💐.

Babette

filoaman

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 12:03:22 PM »
Of course the most important step, the first step actually, before YEM is to install flash memory on your Tyros 5, since Tyros 5 has no on-board memory to handle Expansion Packs  :)