Author Topic: SOUND MIDI MODULE  (Read 9786 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

SOUND MIDI MODULE
« on: November 05, 2018, 02:36:45 AM »
I am looking for a stand alone unit " SOUND MIDI MODULE " to play instrument voices on MIDI GUITAR.

I have a GODIN SESSION TRIPLEPLAY GUITAR with FISHMAN FC1 PEDAL.

Right now I connect the Midi Cable to " MIDI OUT on FC1 Pedal " and the other end of the Midi Cable to
" MIDI IN on GENOS ".

I have programmed the different instrument voices example WOODWIND under Reg1, GUITAR under Reg2, PIANO under Reg 3
and so on.

By doing this set up I can then play any instrument voices on my Godin Guitar.

The stand alone unit will help me when I do not carry my GENOS KEYBOARD.

Any suggestions???

Regards
Oz

Re: SOUND MIDI MODULE
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 02:59:26 AM »
Maybe the Ketron SD90

Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 03:32:23 AM »
Thanks Rodrigo

Just checked the U-tube demos and it sounds great.

However, the price is well over my budget + $ 4000.00!!!!!

Oz

Offline zionip

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 03:41:18 AM »
Hi Oz,

There are very few choices of modules in the market.

Roland BK-7M Arranger module sells for about $1050 new, but you can find decent used ones between $800 to $900:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BK7m--roland-bk-7m-arranger-module

Ketron has a few arranger modules, SD1000 (for use with computer, no on board buttons to choose sounds), SD40, and SD90.  The SD40 sells for about $2600, and SD90 is the latest one, equivalent to the Ketron SD9 arranger keyboard without keys, sells for close to $3000.  I got mine from Frank at Audio Works CT for a discount.

The Ketron SD90 module is about 8 lbs, fairly portable, and can be carried using a larger 17-inch laptop shoulder case.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 03:44:08 AM by zionip »

Offline jes826

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 04:21:12 AM »
Oz,
Have you checked out the Fishman TriplePlay Wireless MIDI Pickup?  This system may be what you are looking for.  Check out this video at Sweetwater.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TriplePlayPU--fishman-tripleplay-wireless-midi-pickup

The sounds are great.

John
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:23:01 AM by jes826 »

Offline zionip

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 04:36:17 AM »
Hi John,

Oz is looking for a sound module, not a MIDI pickup.

Oz can just connect the MIDI out cable of his Fishman FC1 pedal to an iPad / iPad Pro through a lightning to MIDI interface such as iRig MIDI 2, and use the iPad / iPad Pro as the sound module using GarageBand or other software synthesizers, if external MIDI sound modules are over his budget, assuming he already has an iPad / iPad Pro.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:43:04 AM by zionip »

Offline Bill

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 11:11:28 AM »
Hi Oz

Have you tried places like eBay.  You may find a model that suits your budget. Many Manufactures have produced modules over the years, it is not just recent ones that work well.
Yamaha have made many -  I have a Yamaha TX81Z which is many years old but still works well.  so there are bound to be many others available without spending thousands of pounds.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 08:04:19 PM »
5th November 2018

Thanks to each and everyone for your feedback and suggestions on Sound Midi Modules.

Fishman TriplePlay supplied with their products USB thumb drive to download the various sound instruments which
I downloaded on my LAPTOP.

I have the YAMAHA " MIDI IN & MIDI OUT " MODEL UX16 USB MIDI INTERFACE as well as " MIDI IN & MIDI OUT " ROLAND USB MIDI INTERFACE MODEL UM-ONE " which I will try to use with the Fishman FC1 Pedal and trigger the sound voices from the Laptop.

I just sold yesterday my GODIN SESSION TRIPLEPLAY GUITAR and will try this out when my new custom Yamaha Silent (Nylon & Electric Guitars) are put together in ONE BODY and the Fishman TriplePlay pick up is installed on the Electric Guitar.

Photo of the preliminary work done on the two Yamaha Silent Guitars is enclosed and hopefully before mid November 2018 I shall
have the work completed by Steve Finley from ' THE GUITAR REPAIR CENTRE, Surrey, B.C. '

Regards
Oz

[attachment deleted by admin]