Author Topic: Playing along with my iphone  (Read 5375 times)

Rolf Lindell

Playing along with my iphone
« on: November 04, 2018, 07:33:32 PM »
Maybe a stupid question but I need help. I have found a karaoke version of "And then I kissed her" by the Beach Boys.
Would it be possible to connect my Iphone to my keyboard and then play together with my iphone? Better still could I store it in my keyboard.

I know how to use a style (but I don't have a style for that song). I don't have a midi-file either.

I would be happy for a style and a midi-file and an answer to my question.

This probably the best Place to get help

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline overover

Re: Playing along with my iphone
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 08:22:20 PM »
Hi Rolf,

is that "karaoke version" on your iPhone a Video file?

To get the sound of the iPhone get played back over your keyboard, you could connect the Headphone signal of the iPhone to the 3,5 mm AUX IN jack of your keyboard. If you have an iPhone 7 or newer, you will need an "Lightning to 3,5 mm Headphone Adapter" and an Audio cable with a 3,5 mm Stereo jack on each side.

If your "karaoke version" is a MP3 file with embedded Lyrics: Only Genos and PSR-S975/775 can play back those files (and display the embedded Lyrics simultaneously), to my knowledge.

BUT you can just go the "normal" way and simply use a MIDI file or a "Song Style": :)

https://www.midiland.de/midifiles.dll/searchSongs?C=ghxas5k6h5nxker5&L=e&SongDetails=8042&F=then+i+kissed+her&S=T

https://www.d-o-o.de/article.php?songid=3447&&lang=en

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 08:39:29 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Rolf Lindell

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 08:14:59 AM »
My Iphone is an Iphone 6 with Lightning Connection. The file i found is a video file on YouTube. I was hoping I could use the headphone outlet on the phone (3,5 mm) and the aux in on the keyboard. That way maybe I could record it on the keyboard and the play along with the recorded song.

Hope I find a midi-file insted or a style

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 08:21:15 AM »
Hey!
Found a style I've taken down from the forum.
// Pierre

[attachment deleted by admin]
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, wersianer